“nothing special & bad staff performance”

White Sand Doclet Resort & Spa
Ranked #55 of 209 Hotels in Nha Trang
Ho Chi Minh City
“nothing special & bad staff performance”
Reviewed February 24, 2010

I choose this resort after my business trip in Nha Trang city, to relax and also enjoy Chinese New Year. I did not book in advance so I called them and asked if they have rooms available, and the receptionist was like "yes yes please come...". So I gave them my mobile number in case there is any change.
When I came, I wanted to see the room first, but they told me it was full and asked me to wait until 3 pm for check-out rooms... I was mad, of course, because it took me 1 hour from Nha Trang to White Sands, and I never received any calls from them to inform me! Time is money, they have to know that!
I had lunch in their restaurant while waiting. The food is not good at all, cold and carelessly decorated. Maybe it was during Chinese New Year so everyone was too busy to take care their guest? The waiter ignored me when I needed anything, also I did not get any clear explanation from them about the menu items...
The room they promise me "big & comfortable" turned out to be too small and no bath tub available. I refused to stay and came back to reception, asked them if they know any hotels nearby, he just stared at me and say "Sorry, I don't know".

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
3 Thank SuperCutlery

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Houston
Reviewed January 17, 2010

The hotel is nice and all but the service is not that great. My finance and I asked for things when we want service. Not a great place.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cc092307
Irvine, California
Reviewed June 18, 2009

Just came back from a two night stay at the White Sand Doclet, and found the resort itself to be quite a surprise. First let me say that it is not conveniently located, it is a hard 90 minute ride from the airport, not for the faint of heart for those not use to Asian driver habits. Once at the WSD all problems will disappear when you view the beach, lovely soft white sand that gently slopes into the South China Sea. You can easily be 300 ft from shore and only be waist high in water. The ocean is extremely warm even early in the morning. The Seafood Market has much live seafood on hand and will cook it up on the spot and serve you on the beach or in your room, we had the blue crab and scallops, with a side of veggie and it was under $10 and delicious. If you are adventurous you can head down the beach where the locals hang out and have the same type of meal but prepare to be surrounded by locals wanting to sell you something or just looking for a handout.

The large rooms are clean with a large bed, private patio, TV, AC, and fridge, the nights are very quiet and the sky clear enough for some serious star-gazing. They have a complimentary breakfast where the food is OK, nothing outstanding but you should find something to your liking, otherwise stick with the Seafood Market.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank drillerdoc
San Francisco
Reviewed April 28, 2009

My husband and I were introduced to Doc Let by our Easy Rider motorbike tour guides and we stumbled on this resort after our multi-day tour through Vietnam's highlands. The resort was impeccable and relaxing. The hotel staff all the way up to the hotel manager were delightful and provided excellent service. While I would not go to the resort for the food, it was also very good. While at the resort we were limited to the restaurants on the resort. Under US$100 is great value for this hotel and can not be matched. In regards to location, we liked that the hotel is removed from Nha Trang and the surroundings are gorgeous. While a bit more expensive compared to the rest of Vietnam, the spa was excellent and also fairly priced. The pictures I have seen of this place online really do not do it justice.

We hope to make it back one day...

• Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
La Paloma Hotel
#52 of 209 in Nha Trang
Some Days of Silence Resort & Spa
GM Doc Let Beach Resort & Spa

Been to White Sand Doclet Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about White Sand Doclet Resort & Spa

Property: White Sand Doclet Resort & Spa
Address: Dong Cat, Ward Ninh Hai | Town Ninh Hoa, Province Khanh Hoa, Nha Trang 570000, Vietnam
Location: Vietnam > Khanh Hoa Province > Nha Trang
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Room Service Spa Swimming Pool
#13 Top resorts Hotel in Nha Trang
#18 Romantic Hotel in Nha Trang
#18 Family Hotel in Nha Trang
#34 Luxury Hotel in Nha Trang
#35 Spa Hotel in Nha Trang
#36 On the Beach Hotel in Nha Trang
Hotel Class:4 star — White Sand Doclet Resort & Spa 4*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Cancelon, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your White Sand Doclet Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
White Sand Doclet Resort And Spa