“HUE WALK OF REVOLUTION”

Beebee Travel
Ranked #6 of 48 Food & Drink in Hue
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Beebee Travel tours have been being rated as TOP TEN WALKING TOURS AND FOOD TOUR IN SOUTH EAST ASIA by TRIPZILLA. We at Beebee Travel is proud to help thousands of visitors learning specifically about the HISTORY ASPECT OF HUE AND VIETNAM: wonderful tales, interactive tour session and local food places only local knows. We cover it all! Our tour options range from half day tour to full day tour, group tour to private tour in Hue, Danang, Hoi An area. Send us a private message now for many pleasant surprises we bring to you in Vietnam!
Reviewed November 23, 2018

I recently returned to the United States after a month long intensive history tour of Vietnam and during that time I had the opportunity to meet a variety of tour guides on a number of excellent tours all over the country from Saigon to Dien Bien Phu. However, one guide, and one experience, stands towering above them all--unique and distinct: the afternoon of November 7th, 2018 that I spent with Le Huyen My as she guided me around Hue for the "Hue Walk of Revolution" tour.
A gentle, scholarly, insightful guide, My took me around her home town and showed me sites relating to the Revolutionary Movement in Vietnam including a monument commemorating a 1909 strike led by Ho Chi Minh located behind the old French HQ in Hue, a monument to the massacre of Monks by President Diem at the site of a long-gone radio station and ultimately to the Citadel where we visited the War Museum. While viewing the displays, My talked me through a gut-wrenching presentation regarding America's use of defoliants prompting an intense dialogue. Her passionate, emotional, well-informed presentation was so heartfelt, her love of her country so sincere, her enthusiasm for the topic so moving that I was literally reduced to tears. She provided me not only with information--anyone can do that--but with an intense, cross-cultural bonding moment that eclipsed anything else I experienced in Vietnam. She touched my heart.
My is an incredible, insightful guide--a lovely young woman, wise beyond her years, who is the best at what she does and I consider myself very lucky indeed to not only have taken her tour, but to have spent a few hours in her company--it was like winning the lottery. Those few hours were the best moments of my vacation and were life-changing, moving and will forever remain important to me; she provided a rare moment that I will carry with me for the rest of my life.
I give the highest possible praise to My and recommend any and all visitors to Hue eagerly partake in her brilliantly led tour. I have toured the world, had dozens of tours, and I have never encountered her equal--no one else even comes close. A special experience, led by a remarkable woman that not only brought the Revolution to life--it sparked a revolution within.
If you read this, My, please accept my sincere thanks! You are not just a guide, you are an ambassador for Hue and Vietnam and both should be proud of having someone as wonderful as you representing them--you honor them both.

Date of experience: November 2018
1  Thank Historybuffusa
THUNGOVU, Tổng giám đốc at Beebee Travel, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2018

Dear Mark, thank you for using our service and we are glad you had a fruitful visit in the Hue City. Happy travel and hope to see you again soon.
Thu and team.

"informative tour"
in 7 reviews
"excellent knowledge"
in 5 reviews
"vietnamese history and culture"
"wealth of knowledge"
in 5 reviews
"ancient capital"
in 4 reviews
"answered all our questions"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed November 22, 2018

Date of experience: November 2018

Reviewed November 18, 2018 via mobile

THUNGOVU, Tổng giám đốc at Beebee Travel, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2018

Reviewed October 20, 2018 via mobile

See more reviews
Reviewed October 12, 2018 via mobile

My friend and I went on the revolutionary walking tour of Hue with Bem as our tour guide. As well as being incredibly knowledgeable and informative, she was also very funny and a pleasure to spend time with! We particularly enjoyed the markets, learning about the history of Vietnam's wars, and artwork at one of the museum's Bem took us to. Thoroughly recommend!

Date of experience: October 2018

Dear Amit, thank you for using our service and we are glad you had a fruitful visit in the Hue City. Happy travel and hope to see you again soon.
Thu and team.