“Good spot”

Ranked #48 of 113 Specialty Lodging in Hue
Brisbane, Australia
“Good spot”
Reviewed May 16, 2011

While not top class for the money this hotel was great value for the money with central location and easy access to nightclubs. About $15USD a night

A lot of other people complained about the noise, I did not have that issue and only negative that I had was low water pressure in the shower.

Room Tip: Get room on the corner of the hotel
  • Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Singapore
Reviewed June 20, 2010

Upon un-boarding the open tour bus, we were flooded with touts. Where are you going? They just like flies buzzing around.

me and my partner faced a problem. Due to the festive in Hue, all buses were fully booked. The earliest is two days later and this is destructive. A stuff of Phu An hotel waited patiently out sinh cafe.

At first, i thought he was going to be just another tout but i decided to try as you never knew if you would get luckily with good deal.

True enough, i got lucky. He was really helpful. Arranged for tonns of calls to be made to help me find a way out of Hue to Hanoi as fast as possible. In the end, we managed to get train tickets to hanoi the next day.

In additional, the room offered to us was 10 USD, which we considered reasonable.
The room was good in every aspects except if you are a light sleeper as it may get a little bit noisy in the morning.

In short, good value and deal, extremely helpful and truthful stuffs. Thumbs up. Keep up the good work. =)

Cheers

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank AlfredChoo
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed November 16, 2007

We stayed here at the recommendations of friends and loved our room. We had a great view with a big bedroom, big (clean!) bathroom with a bathtub that worked and close-in. They were friendly and helpful, though I wouldn't use the "travel agent" at the hotel again. They charged us double the cost of the train tickets. But the did pick us up at the train station, which was nice considering the insane frenzy that always happens there. I'd definitely stay again.

• Stayed February 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Saskatchewan
Reviewed July 11, 2007

I sort of fell into the place as I was looking for rooms for 13 people and the bus does stop right outside. It was a great find. The rooms were immaculately clean, the staff could not do enough for us and they even had an elevator, which made some of our group swoon. That was in 2005, then last year I took another group of 10 there and it was as clean and as excellent service and they welcomed me back like a long lost daughter. And I found this website because I am trying to make reservations for this year

The family makes it what it is and that is what I love staying in small guesthouses or family fun hotel. Stay there if you want a treat!!

• Liked — The family who runs it
  • Disliked — Noise, but Viet Nam is always noisy
  • Stayed February 2007
Dunedin, Florida
Reviewed May 17, 2007

This was the worst hotel we stayed in asia. on the plus side the room was very clean and spacious but on the negative side the room was exceptionally NOISY, the hotel is overpriced, the staff are cordila but not friendly and to top it off I had toiletries stolen from my room. I would never stay here again.

• Liked — It was clean
  • Disliked — it was noisy
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank indigogirl1976

Travelers are raving about these Hue hotels

Auckland
Reviewed February 4, 2007

If you travel by bus to Hue from Hoi An, it appears that it stops right outside the Phu An Hotel, across the road from Sinh Cafe along with plenty of other hotels.

There are plenty of touts attempting to get business. For a maximum of $US15 a night you can't go wrong. We had a large clean room that had a newish bathroom, a balcony and super hard beds. We had a pleasant stay, the staff were ever so friendly and the tour desk was very helpful, and not like others, she didn't attempt to rip us off.

Other than the noise of the street, motorbikes, it was a pleasant stay, just take ear plugs.

There are plenty of other hotels in this vicinity, which was perfect. Close to everything. And if you like to purchase shoes, there are some great deals in the stores around the corner from this hotel.

Stayed January 2007