“Nice Hotel”
Review of Truong Giang

Truong Giang
Ranked #105 of 124 Hotels in Hue
Reviewed August 27, 2013

This hotel is lovely for the price its great value for money. the staff a great, friendly and very helpful. The lady on reception sat down with us with a map, and circled all the cheap great places to eat, wheres best to sight see and where to catch the buses. The rooms were clean and Air Con. Fridge with bottled water. Any problems the staff are more then happy to help. Its walking distance to the beach, restaurants and bars. We booked our trips through the hotel, buses ect. Overall great stay.
Many people from all the world stay here, great experience to meet new people, older and younger. Its down a quite street, so no need to worry about noise. If I ever come back to Vietnam I would 100% stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: first floor is always nice, you don't have to struggle carrying your luggage up and down the sta...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 26, 2013

At the edge of one of the tourist areas, close to restaurants, the hotel is used more by Vietnamese than westerners. Staff spoke okay English. Room was clean and quiet, quite spacious. Good value except for mama-san who was not Miss Congeniality, but her staff more than made up for it.

Room Tip: Rooms at end of hall in back could have A/C noise.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank 33nora707
Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

We looked at a few hotels because we couldn't take another rock hard Asian bed. The Troung Giang has western style mattresses. The room is clean and comfortable, the people are nice, the breakfast is ok - crepes, eggs & bagettes for western and Asian soups. The coffee is cold (and i dont mean iced) & damn small but it does the trick. The room is due for an update, and the Internet is inadequate but we are sleeping great and are close to everything.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Everything about the hotel was as I expected for $20 a night. Clean enough, etc. What compelled me to write this review was to help others avoid what happened to me in July of 2012.

I had asked about advice on taking a bus from Hue to Vientiane, Laos. They told me there was a number of buses that went there and they took around 12 hours. I accepted a bus that picked me up at 9am and would arrive at around 9pm. If only ...

In short ... a van picked me up (45 minutes late), dropped me off at a highway overpass to wait for the real bus. That bus showed up an hour later from Da-Nang. We didn't get more 10 minutes out of the city until 1pm. Oh, and they had no seat for me on the bus. Enough complaining and they worked something out for me (I fear at the expense of another customer. I didn't realize this at the time).

The bus continued to stop to pick up people and mail! In all it took us 25 hours to get to Vientiane. Worst trip ever.

Room Tip: Try to get a room looking to the front street rather than the back
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 30, 2011

Large, clean, recently renovated rooms. Friendly, helpful staff willing to provide early breakfast if necessary.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 26, 2011

Truong Giang is a good value hotel; just the basics, and close enough to be walking distance - but what makes this hotel unbelieaveable is the two hosts, a maried couple, Quoc and Giang. They far exceeded anything I had ever encountered: my friend first lost her wallet; and they arranged to take her to the police station and helped her file a report. Then she displaced her articial hip - and when I couldn't negotiated getting her out of the hospital - they went with me to help pay the hospital bill, and get her back home. That's just a couple of extraordinary things that this extraordinary couple did for us.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Portlander
Reviewed December 16, 2011

I had abicycle accident near this hotel and was brought here by some locals. The staff immediately got to work cleaning me up and then escorting me through the hospital system in no time. The staff shoeed me the warmest kindness and looked after me for the next 4days at their hotel. I had a great room and the hotel is lovely and close to everything. But mostly a great big hug for all your caring. Thank you. Mark morrish

Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo