“Good price, good stay”

Ranked #9 of 122 Hotels in Hue
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
“Good price, good stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

Out of out 3-week honeymoon adventure round Vietnam, this had the best welcome drinks and food. Staff very friendly, we really appreciated them helping to book tickets and recommend a good massage place (there's a lot of bad ones out there!).

Room little smaller than we expected, Lonely Planet review is quite misleading. Room let down by slightly shabby bathroom, but huge showerhead was great. Furnishings look a little dated.

Breakfast menu was ok, but not amazing. Food was always being replenished, which was good to see. Slightly misleading menu, as I really had a craving for some Pho, which wasn't on the menu, but then I saw a western chap tucking into a huge bowl of it opposite from me.

We really appreciated the honeymoon cake and flowers, that was really very sweet of the Orchid Hotel, and made our stay even more memorable.

Across the river from the Citadel and night market. Don't get pulled into eating at a food stall at the night market, as you will be inundated with substandard food at inflated prices, and they WON'T STOP BRINGING DISHES!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Vietnamese first
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

The Hotel does not look like much from the outside, but it is a lovely little hotel just off the main street.
The building is narrow, as are most european buildings in Vietnam!
The rooms are adequate, clean and worth money.
The staff were great and could not do enough for us, recommending restaurants and arranging for transport, bags etc...great location off the main road but close enough to the centre of town and the citadel to walk.
Well worth a stay when in Hue....

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

We stayed at Orchid Hotel in April 2014 and the serivce was wonderful. Rooms excellent and great location for all attractions in Hue. A big thank you to the lady serving breakfast as my wife had a cold and she kindly made ginger tea each morning. And the lovely cakes when we returned from a full day site seeing - yummy.

Room Tip: A balcony is always good.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

I booked 3 nights at the Orchid Hotel, and, though the hotel moved my for the last night, I enjoyed my time here. Immediately upon check in the manager informed me that they only had a room for me for 2 nights, but that arrangements had already been made for me at another hotel for the 3rd night. The two nights I did spend at the Orchid Hotel were great. The room was very quiet. My room did have a window, but only a view of the building a few cm's away. As I did not request a view or balcony, this was not a problem. The staff was great, always asking how my day was when I would come and go. The breakfast was nice and the staff there were friendly too. The wifi worked well. On the day of switching hotels the manager paid for my cab, and accompanied me to the new hotel, to ensure the other hotel knew not to charge me for the room (I had paid Orchid for the full 3 nights). Though it was a little inconvenient to move, the manager of the Orchid made sure everything was handled as best as possible. The place he moved me to ended up being a 2 week old 4 star hotel, which more than made up for it! If back in Hue, I would love to spend more time at the Orchid Hotel.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
London, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014

You get what you pay for & this hotel provided everything needed for around £20 a night. My partner would have preferred a balcony, which the front rooms had (presumably at greater cost) but muggins here went for a room at the back with a view of the rooftops & back yards of the neighbours. Great staff, willing to help & advise. They organised our cab to the airport for not much more than hailing one in the street. The hotel is well placed for most things .... the old town across the main bridge is a 40k dong ride away, as is the rail station. The breakfast choice is adequate. Of course you don't get what we did at the more expensive hotels we stayed at in Saigon & Hoi An .... 4 & 5 times the price. But one has to be a realist. I recommend the Orchid for those on a budget .... but ask for a balcony room?

Room Tip: Pay more for the rooms at the front
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Muhlheim am Main, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

Everything was just perfect! The service was amazing, the most lovely staff we have ever met! We loved the breakfast selection, the big DVD selection and our beautiful and clean room. So sad to leave! Thanks a lot!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

I have to stay that this hotel is the best value/service that I got in Vietnam. Room was big with 1 double bed and 1 single with a balcony. Really clean! Bathroom was also really clean and big. What about the staff? They were so friendly & asked us everytime when we were back if everything was ok. Best service ever! Don't look arround & book now!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends