“Average hotel” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #95 of 123 Hotels in Hue
Cork
“Average hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

Located well out of main area, would need taxi or tuk tuk. Rooms were a little dated but did have wifi and English channels. Buffet style breakfast which the food was lovely however food not covered so flies were landing on it all.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Finnish first
London
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

Thought this definately needed a review after my experience of the hotel massage parlor, so you could avoid it at ALL costs!!!! 2 friends and I booked in for a 50 minute massage. We were shown to the rooms but a rude, aggressive woman who demanded we undress which was fine! I then waited in excess of 20 minutes for the massage girl to turn up. Had I known they had to call her from and she would of taken 20 minutes to arrive that would have been fine however I waited patiently face down for her to arrive!!!! When she finally turned up I can only describe what happened next as totally bazar!!!!! She took off her trousers abd climbed on top of me and sat of my bottom! She when proceeded to what I can only describe as being beaten up and was also left feeling slightly sexually assaulted by the way she ran her hands up my legs far to close to my privates. She also talked about how how pretty I was and that she loved my breast!!! After a 15 minute ordeal she got off, refused to leave the room while she watch me get dressed as well as continually commenting about my breasts! She then very aggressively demanded a tip! I pointed out that the massage was suppose to be 50 minutes and I wasn't happy to which she took my arm and continued to demand a tip! She followed me out abd continued to pester me! I complained to the manager and after much debate got a some of my money back! DO NOT GET A MASSAGE at this hotel I think it's a front for a brothel!!!! My other two friends had very similar experience! The rest of the hotel was ok though.

• Stayed November 2012
6 Thank sarah k

Travelers are raving about these Hue hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

We had a room near the pool which was nice.the room was old & in need of renovation.when coming back from the pool a saw a big rat running through the garden.Beware my Wife had her Cellular phone STOLEN by the staff.Avoid this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012
5 Thank Neilmckerra
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

I came at the tanh Noi Hotel by the lonely planet guide (but i'm not sure). Initially, the hotel seems nice but after 3 days in this sleazy hotel I can not recommend it. These people haven't heard anything of service (especially the staff at the reception) they just want to sell you stuff (like boattrips, taxi trips, renting (motor)bikes, whole eveningprograms). I heard from a local that they get around 50% if you're buying something at the reception. So by then, I understood there incentive, but If you make clear that you're not going to buy anything they are not interessted in you anymore (for example don't take care of your roomkey anymore). The staff at the restaurant isn't very nice (my experience is in contrast with what's mentioned in other reactions) and not capable to cook a decent dinner. The breakfast is ok but the food has a very low quality (especially fruit).
The room was not clean at all. Cockroaches were strolling around in the restroom. Hairs and even cutted nails in the well of the sink! At the end the usual dispute about the minibar. I didn't use anything but was forced to pay 120000 dong (otherwise they would call the police.. Haha). It was a horrible experience in this strange hotel.

• Stayed July 2012
4 Thank BentoDeSpinoza
Eagan, MN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2012

We just came back from 2 weeks stay at Thanh Noi hotel. Overall, it was a nice trip as always. My kids had great time at the pool and loves the staffs. We stayed over the Festival in Hue this time. It was actually nice to stay at this hotel during Festival since it centered of all the activities and events. We walked to the Citadel (5 mins walk) a few time. We rented bikes for ($3 a day) and be able to rides the kids to others part of the cities. It was quite nice.
The hotel staffs help us booked many tours and services during this stay including the newest Paradise cave (highly recommended) for $30 per person including lunch, bus ride and tour guide. We also went to Lang Co beach and Hoi An with the help of the front desk Thuy Loan. Ask for her if you would like some tips or tours. She is one of the best hotel staff I ever know and always with a lovely smile. :)
The restaurant is now offer Vegetarian menu. We actually loved this new addition. The food was tasty and reasonable priced.
The pool was nice special on a hot day. We spend quite sometime there. And every time, it seem like we have the pool to ourselves.
Overall, it was wonderful. We will be back.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank NGUYENSCHABERT
Gueret, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2012

Booked this hotel over the internet as a result of Tripadvisor reviews. The staff were very welcoming and very helpful. Our room was spacious, with good natural light, tasteful furnishings and in-room internet. The hotel is across the road from a couple of good restaurants and the Citadel is within walking distance. Highly recommended!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Thanh L
Wellington, New Zealand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2012

The Thanh Noi is a reasonably-priced option right next to the wall of the old city - so very convenient for visiting the old city. A bit of a walk to the rest of the town however. The hotel has a nice outdoor bar / restaurant and a little pool that looked good. We didn't get to try it, however, as the weather was very rainy and a bit cold. We booked 'standard' rooms, which didn't have windows - but they were clean and reasonably comfortable.

We booked a driver through the hotel to take us to Hoi An - a bit steep at 50 USD, and the driver had almost no English. There's probably a much cheaper way to take that trip and see the sights. The driver took us to Lang Co beach on the way - seems to be part of a tourist trail, and basically just goes straight to a tourist trap restaurant above the beach. It would be better to stop further along, but difficult to explain that to the driver because of his lack of English.

Room Tip: If a window is important to you - book something better than a standard room.