“Very nice, but places we stayed for the same price was better” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Binh Minh Sunrise Hotel

Binh Minh Sunrise Hotel
Ranked #38 of 110 Hotels in Hue
“Very nice, but places we stayed for the same price was better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

This place was nice, I could have been a little cleaner, but it was nice. It was well located and the staff where helpful and friendly. We would stay there again we just felt that the other places we stayed where better value for the same money.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Vietnamese first
Adelaide
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Brilliant hotel. Free pickup from the train station, and a bevy of incredibly bubbly staff that were always happy to assist. The beds were quite soft, and the windows let in a great deal of street noise (this is fine, given that the street noise dies down by about 9pm).

The bathroom was a rare exception - the shower had it's own little curtain to prevent it spraying everything in the room!

The hotel also helped us to organise tours, which were value-for-money.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank danieljacklynch
Amsterdam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I booked this hotel through an agency in Hanoi. When I arrived it appeared that the guy from Hanoi had charged me the luxury rate but had booked me in the cheapest room instead. When I was shown my room I didn't like it, for instance there were ants crawling all over the bathroom. I complained, and the hotel staff put me in their best room without any extra charge even though it was not their fault that I had been tricked by the agency in Hanoi, so I really appreciated this.
The room I got (nr 601) was very nice. Top floor, with a balcony, and a nice view, so in the end I had a really pleasant stay here. Also the staff was in general very helpful and spoke English very well. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Hue, just don't take the basic room.

Room Tip: Don't take the basic room, pay a bit more and get room 601
Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Martijn O
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

We paid 14 usd for a double room with ac (not needed), hot water, view, wifi in the room. It was simple but clean, ok for the price and included breakfast (choice of eggs or toast with jam.. nothing special). Location is great.
The staff is excellent, they are very friendly, always smiling and not pushy about trips or tickets. We got a map, they informed us about the possibility to book a trip with them and that was it.
We can only recommend to stay there!

• Stayed January 2013
3 Thank Bjelice
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

We have just come from our stay of 3 nights here. Staff are exceptional and were very caring and concerned for my fiance when he fell ill with the flu for most of our stay.

Rooms are very big, clean and quiet and, other than the fact that I would have prefered a shower curtain in the bathroom (which I know is rare in budget hotels in Asia), I have no complaint about the rooms at all. Some people have mentioned the dated decor, but it was definitely a lot better than some other budget hotels I have stayed in.

The included breakfasts were fine - as others have mentioned, you order what you want the night before and it is cooked fresh when you come down stairs in the mornings. We requested a fruit salad one morning (which was not on the menu) and the staff happily obliged.

We also booked a private car with the hotel to take us to Hoi An. The price we paid was the cheapest I have seen and again the hotel happily obliged in ensuring that our driver took us straight to Hoi An without any stops at the tourist traps along the way.

Some have mentioned the restaurants around the hotel - we tried a couple during our stay. Avoid the one immediately to the right as you come out from the hotel (it's absolutely awful). Nina's, down the alley to the left, was ok-ish if you're desperate and want to stay close by. If you want great food experiences, try the French patisserie (a 2 minute walk as you turn right out of the hotel) and Les Jardins de la Carambole - absolutely amazing and worth the VND 35,000 taxi ride or 15 min walk to get there.

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank Carla3072
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

This was recommended in Lonely Planet and we have to say that it is good value for money. We had 7 in our group and they put us up in two rooms. One room had two beds and barely any room to walk about, and the other had one large bed and space for a soccer game (to echo another reviewer's comment) - so you should view the rooms to decide if the space is good enough for you. Of the staff, Ms Tu is exceptionally friendly and helpful - just speaking to her will lift your spirits! You order your breakfast the night before and it is freshly made when you sit down - a good start to the day. We hired a mini-van and driver to visit the tombs, citadel and other sights and Mr Nguyen provided great service - a conservative driver who doesn't use the horn (compared with the kamikaze ones we encountered!), always reminding us we DON'T have to buy from the ubiquitous peddlers around and recommending great local places to eat what the locals eat, and then staying out of sight until we are ready. The few restaurants to the left and right of the hotel are also good. This is not a hotel for great decor or furnishings, but for great staff, location and the really important things (like breakfast and wifi) - this is a great place.

Room Tip: View the rooms first - sizes vary greatly.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Singfam5
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

i have great time and really relax when i stay here. i went to Hue by train and the staff's hotel pictk up me at rail station. when we approach the hotel. they give me free fruit and coffee. i enjoy 3 nights here but if i have chance to travel in hue again, i will back this hotel again and again
The staffs are very friendly and enthusiastic. i have free breakfast, free wifi. the location of hotel is in center, it is quite convenient for me. i can go any where by walk. i booked double room. it is cheap, very clean and comfortable. i can say that the room have full of things what you want. i will come back if i have opportunity to travel in Hue another time

Room Tip: should be bacony room
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family