My wife and I stayed at La Residence whilst we were on a ‘Cox & Kings’ tailor made tour of Vietnam and Cambodia, we booked the tour through ‘The Cruise Line’. The local ground agents were ‘Trails of Indochina’. Apart from the long haul Thai Airways flights being forty minutes late on the outbound and one hour late on the return everything ran like clockwork and was very well organized.
We stayed 2 nights in a Deluxe Riverview Room and had a very good view of the Citadel which is just across the river from the hotel. We thought the design of the balcony of our room was rather strange as you could walk from one balcony to the next as it was a sort of open plan arrangement.
The food in the restaurant at dinner was good but the breakfast let the hotel down badly, the so called hot food was more or less at room temperature.
We did not find the chairs in the lounge area very comfortable and the temperature in the business centre could be described as rather hot. The staff were welcoming and cheerful, but might have benefited by a little more training. Checkout took twenty minutes.
If we were in Hue again we would probably stay here again because overall the hotel was of a reasonable standard and could just be described as a 4 star.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Step back in time to Art Deco's golden age with a stay at La Residence Hue Hotel & Spa. Nestled along the fabled Perfume River and overlooking the imposing Imperial Citadel - once home to Emperors and now preserved as a UNESCO World Heritage Site - La Residence is a one-of-a-kind masterpiece. Endowed with opulence and warmth, this former residence of the French "Resident Superieur" has been painstakingly restored and refashioned into an enchanting luxury boutique hotel with 122 guestrooms and suites, which offer visitors the chance to relive the pleasures of a bygone era. Food is a passion at Le Parfum Restaurant. Visitors will delight in a fusion menu of Vietnam and Europe's very best culinary traditions. Allow yourself to be swept away with the signature cocktails "La Residence Monsieur and La Residence Madame" in the cozy ambiance of Le Gouverneur Bar. Indulge yourself in our award-winning Spa and relax by the large saltwater swimming pool overlooking the river. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Priceline, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your La Residence Hue Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Residence Hue Hotel Hue
- La Residence Hue Hotel And Spa
- La Residence Hotel