We stayed at the hotel for one night. The art deco design is wonderul. It is such a pleasure to walk in the hotel and look around. Also the rooms are very nice. But the staff!!! At first when we arrived, nobody was at the door to pickup the luggage... etc... Our driver had to do it. Then I asked if we have internet in the room (as it said on the website). They told me they have to charge me 30$ extra per day because it is a different room (!?!?) but I can have free wifi in the lobby. Arriving to our room, the safe was lock. So we called the reception to unlock it. The lady told we "someone will be with you within 5 minutes". 15 minutes later, we are still waiting so I called back. The answer "she is on her way, she will be there within a minute"... To make the story short, I had to call 4 times before to have someone! I told the lady, she can hust have told me someone will come in 30 mn or an hour and we will have been able to do someting else.
At 6:30 the cleaning lady come to do the bed turndown. I asked her to come back at 7pm. She never came back. I had to asked the reception at 9pm.
In the evening, we were a bit tired and decide to tried their restaurant (it is supposed to be a gastronomic rest). Oh my god! The food was good but same thing.. the staff. First she come with a basket of selection of bread. We asked her what are the different kinds.. She had no clue!!! The we order 2 vietnamese soups. One with beef and lemongrass and one with seefood. When she bing us the plate the did not know wich one was wich one! And of course she reverse the plate. I am glad I am not allergic to seafood!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Step back in time to Art Deco's golden age with a stay at La Residence Hue Hotel & Spa. Nestled along the fabled Perfume River and overlooking the imposing Imperial Citadel - once home to Emperors and now preserved as a UNESCO World Heritage Site - La Residence is a one-of-a-kind masterpiece. Endowed with opulence and warmth, this former residence of the French "Resident Superieur" has been painstakingly restored and refashioned into an enchanting luxury boutique hotel with 122 guestrooms and suites, which offer visitors the chance to relive the pleasures of a bygone era. Food is a passion at Le Parfum Restaurant. Visitors will delight in a fusion menu of Vietnam and Europe's very best culinary traditions. Allow yourself to be swept away with the signature cocktails "La Residence Monsieur and La Residence Madame" in the cozy ambiance of Le Gouverneur Bar. Indulge yourself in our award-winning Spa and relax by the large saltwater swimming pool overlooking the river. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your La Residence Hue Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Residence Hue Hotel Hue
- La Residence Hue Hotel And Spa
- La Residence Hotel