I tend to be suspicious of hotels that dont show the types of rooms they offer with pictures & descriptions. Generally they are deceiving, and this wasnt any different. Superior room: dark, no views, old furniture, bathroom totally outdated, and when one took a shower, the water leaked & the whole floor was fooded.
All in all I would not recommend this hotel, it was the worst of our honeymoom, and I even thought of moving to another hotel.
* I tried the Spa and found worn out bathrobes (literally with holes) & no amenities in the changing room.
* location is far from convenient, no restaurants around make taxi a must.
* mosquitoes in the swimming pool due to proximity with the river
* The hotel restaurant. Noisy self service buffet goes on all night, with no separate area for a la carte ordering, which doesnt help to get the ambiance right for a nice relaxing dinner, specially since the restaurant is cold & dark.
DO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF;
* The hotel looks fantastic from the outside, it is true, and the pool is beautiful (and full of mosquitoes due to the river proximity).
* the front desk service is more than helpful (you can rent a motorcicle of one of the front desk ladies for 20 dollars the whole day, or they will reserve for you at the wonderful Y Thao Garden.
* Dont miss the Tropical Garden Restaurant in town.
* Fantastic internet service - 8 computers permanently available complimentary.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Step back in time to Art Deco's golden age with a stay at La Residence Hue Hotel & Spa. Nestled along the fabled Perfume River and overlooking the imposing Imperial Citadel - once home to Emperors and now preserved as a UNESCO World Heritage Site - La Residence is a one-of-a-kind masterpiece. Endowed with opulence and warmth, this former residence of the French "Resident Superieur" has been painstakingly restored and refashioned into an enchanting luxury boutique hotel with 122 guestrooms and suites, which offer visitors the chance to relive the pleasures of a bygone era. Food is a passion at Le Parfum Restaurant. Visitors will delight in a fusion menu of Vietnam and Europe's very best culinary traditions. Allow yourself to be swept away with the signature cocktails "La Residence Monsieur and La Residence Madame" in the cozy ambiance of Le Gouverneur Bar. Indulge yourself in our award-winning Spa and relax by the large saltwater swimming pool overlooking the river. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your La Residence Hue Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Residence Hue Hotel Hue
- La Residence Hue Hotel And Spa
- La Residence Hotel