La Residence is an Art Deco building that has been beautifully restored. We loved the building and the inviting swimming pool. The pool was great for a few hours of relaxation after a hot day sightseeing. It is worth it!
Our Deluxe room was spacious, but the bathroom tiny. It was decorated in beautiful Art Deco, but felt that it had not been updated for a while. Especially the bathrooms.
Our major complaint was around the service. People were eager to please, but their welcome was less than perfect. Initially, we were told that breakfast was not included in our rate, until we showed them our confirmation which confirmed that it was. We had the same struggle again at check-out. We had also requested a quiet room, but were shown a room that had loud music from a wedding reception playing opposite. This went on through the night. Luckily they changed our room, but not before telling us that this was an upgrade with river view. The room was the same category and their official rates don't distinguish by view and hence this was again annoying and unnecessary.
The rest of the stay went without hitch, and we had a great time, and slept beautifully in our quiet room.
The restaurant was also nice, and we had fabulous starters. On the main courses, one of our fish dishes was so overcooked that we had to return it. The other fish dish and the new one was also way overcook, but just eatable. Avoid fish, otherwise the restaurant is very nice.
Whilst we liked the hotel, we didn't like the mangers walking and standing around with staff rather than managing the place. Accor could do a much better job by having more hands on managers that provide staff with good training. This hotel could easily excel rather than just please.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Step back in time to Art Deco's golden age with a stay at La Residence Hue Hotel & Spa. Nestled along the fabled Perfume River and overlooking the imposing Imperial Citadel - once home to Emperors and now preserved as a UNESCO World Heritage Site - La Residence is a one-of-a-kind masterpiece. Endowed with opulence and warmth, this former residence of the French "Resident Superieur" has been painstakingly restored and refashioned into an enchanting luxury boutique hotel with 122 guestrooms and suites, which offer visitors the chance to relive the pleasures of a bygone era. Food is a passion at Le Parfum Restaurant. Visitors will delight in a fusion menu of Vietnam and Europe's very best culinary traditions. Allow yourself to be swept away with the signature cocktails "La Residence Monsieur and La Residence Madame" in the cozy ambiance of Le Gouverneur Bar. Indulge yourself in our award-winning Spa and relax by the large saltwater swimming pool overlooking the river. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your La Residence Hue Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Residence Hue Hotel And Spa
- La Residence Hue Hotel Hue
- La Residence Hotel