I stayed in a pool/ river view room in may. I was booked into a garden room but perhaps as it is lower season, I was upgraded. It is a beautiful room with a perfect view over the river to the citadel flag tower. This is one of the most beautiful hotels I have seen. The level of attention paid to furnishings and design is incredible - if you are a fan of art deco, make this an indulgence in your trip as it is so well done. While the location is a bit out of 'town', the hotel has free bicycles for guests. I've borrowed bikes a few times to go to the citadel or find some lunch in the main areas. it would only be a 5-10 minute ride. As long as you avoid busier hours as people to to work, there is not much traffic - I felt very safe on the road and it is a beautiful way to get around, cycling along shady tree lined boulevards. the benefit to the location is the peacefulness - all you hear is the puttering of the river boats, cicadas and the many birds in the area.
The pool is lovely and very welcome after a hot day exploring the citadel and pagodas. The restaurant is very good - while prices are higher than local restaurants the food is good (and it isn't expensive when you think about what you would pay at home). The food at the pool bar is also great - as is an iced Vietnamese coffee!
All the staff are helpful and friendly.
If you are looking for some luxury in your time in Vietnam, definitely give this place a go.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Step back in time to Art Deco's golden age with a stay at La Residence Hue Hotel & Spa, MGallery by Sofitel. Nestled along the fabled Perfume River and overlooking the imposing Imperial Citadel - once home to Emperors and now preserved as a UNESCO World Heritage Site - La Residence is a one-of-a-kind masterpiece. Endowed with opulence and warmth, this former residence of the French "Resident Superieur" has been painstakingly restored and refashioned into an enchanting luxury boutique hotel with 122 guestrooms and suites, which offer visitors the chance to relive the pleasures of a bygone era. Food is a passion at Le Parfum Restaurant. Visitors will delight in a fusion menu of Vietnam and Europe's very best culinary traditions. Allow yourself to be swept away with the signature cocktails "La Residence Monsieur and La Residence Madame" in the cozy ambiance of Le Gouverneur Bar. Indulge yourself in our award-winning Spa and relax by the large saltwater swimming pool overlooking the river. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, ACCOR, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your La Residence Hue Hotel & Spa - MGallery by Sofitel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Residence Hue Hotel And Spa
- La Residence Hue Hotel Hue
- La Residence Hotel