Service and assistance of the staff was excellent and faultless. My suite room 709 was nice and very comfortable with a terrace and overlooking the beautiful garden,pool and Riviere des parfums.
Breakfast had a very good choice and catered for all tastes. Every morning I had my Phô prepared by the Chef himself. I experienced the restaurant in the evening by ordering a shell pink scallops barely cooked with a squid ink Risotto a la minute. No word to describe how delicious it was. Really a great moment !
The lounge bar was great for an evening drink and relaxation, good atmosphere where you can taste delicious bites pairing with Champagne and French wines.
The location is very good, not far from the Citadelle and Old Quarter shopping.
My final word would be for Mr Anthony, GM of the hotel. I met him the first time at the lobby to share my comments about my stay. We spent 1h together then he proposed me to visit the hotel. As I plan to have 1h massage at the spa. He booked directly my appointment. I only discovered when I was in Danang that the massage was offered by Mr Gill.
Mr Antony Jill is a courteous man with upbringing education which perfectly matches with the colonial spirit of the hotel. He is always available and exceeds himself to make your stay pleasant and unforgettable. His management brought to La Residence a very professional team which always strive themselves to satisfy and to pamper the client with the highest Sofitel standards. I discovered his secret ie he got married with a Vietnamese lady with 2 beautiful children.
La Residence is really the perfect place to relax and to pamper yourself at the highest standard of a 5 stars hotel. I have already planned to come back with my wife for a romantic journey in this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Step back in time to Art Deco's golden age with a stay at La Residence Hue Hotel & Spa. Nestled along the fabled Perfume River and overlooking the imposing Imperial Citadel - once home to Emperors and now preserved as a UNESCO World Heritage Site - La Residence is a one-of-a-kind masterpiece. Endowed with opulence and warmth, this former residence of the French "Resident Superieur" has been painstakingly restored and refashioned into an enchanting luxury boutique hotel with 122 guestrooms and suites, which offer visitors the chance to relive the pleasures of a bygone era. Food is a passion at Le Parfum Restaurant. Visitors will delight in a fusion menu of Vietnam and Europe's very best culinary traditions. Allow yourself to be swept away with the signature cocktails "La Residence Monsieur and La Residence Madame" in the cozy ambiance of Le Gouverneur Bar. Indulge yourself in our award-winning Spa and relax by the large saltwater swimming pool overlooking the river. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, getaroom.com, Priceline, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your La Residence Hue Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Residence Hue Hotel Hue
- La Residence Hue Hotel And Spa
- La Residence Hotel