“Would definately recommend!”
Review of Asia Hotel

Asia Hotel
Ranked #31 of 122 Hotels in Hue
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Stayed here for one night as part of a tour. We arrived at the hotel at about 9:00 am, after a long trip on the overnight train from Hanoi. As soon as we arrived, the staff came out with the cold towels and a juice. They were nice enough to have our rooms available from 10:30 am, in order to have a much needed shower! The rooms were clean and spacious. The whole hotel is clean and I can't believe how cheap it is compared to the facilities provided. There is even a pool! The buffet breakfast had so many choices, and well presented. The restaurant provides a panoramic view of the city. The staff were fantastic, and I cannot complain about the hotel at all. I would have thought it was a 4-star hotel.

It is located in a nice area, and there isn't too much traffic to deal with. The food options nearby are plentiful, and lots of bars to choose a drink too. Huda beer was going as cheap as 14,000VND ($0.70) in a nice restaurant nearby. Not bad! If I return to Hue, I would happily choose to stay here.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank BeamerKJ

Reviewed May 9, 2013

I was upgraded to the Asia suite. Very impressive on 10th floor with a view of the river and the bridge! A great place to watch the world go by.
The room was enormous with a 40 inch LCD TV. Separate seating area with sofa and king size bed. The room had a jacuzzi but there was something wrong with the COLD water so I could not take a shower unless it was a piping hot one. Maintenance came to fix it but they couldn't seem to change the settings. As it was getting late, I asked reception if I could use the shower in another room. They offered to change my room, but as I'd unpacked I didn't want to have to move everything out to another room. So they gave me the key to another room on 10th floor to take a shower and by the time I got back in the evening, after dinner, they had fixed the problem.
The hotel is located in Pham Ngu Lao (backpackers district) and there are lots of eateries in the area. It's not too noisy and there are lots of travel agents around where you can book onward travel. I had a problem finding a train ticket for Da Nang and it just so happened that the hotel had a couple of spares which came in very handy.
All in all, I was very satisfied with the hotel. Some attention could have been given to dusting. This was only apparent at night when the spotlights went on. Also the lighting in the room was quite poor especially around the desk so I just moved my laptop to the bar area. I would recommend this hotel for the view and location and a good hearty breakfast

Room Tip: Enjoy the view from the high floors!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 6, 2013

The Asia Hotel in Pham Ngu Lao St in Hue is our favorite place in Hue as it is great value, has a pool on level 7 overlooking the city (Pools are a great thing in Hue in Summer), Has really comfy mattresses, big rooms, really friendly staff, and a huge selection on the buffe breakfast.
If staying here I'd also recommend going next door to Les Carambole Restaurant and getting them to arrange you a table at Les Jardins de La Carambole(No.1 on TA in Hue), over in the Citadel on the opposite side of the river. The two restaurants are owned by the same family. Our family usually gets a cyclo over and a taxi back.
The Asia Hotel. The wife's favorite. She's happy, I'm happy.

Room Tip: It's tall, so it's got views.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We stayed in this hotel after our first was full. This hotel was GREAT. Outdoor pool inside the hotel with a bar, and a better breakfast than I could cook in my own house. Just wish we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 25, 2013

The hotel is centrally situated close to markets, restaurants, clubs and shops. It is clean and pleasant and the staff are helpful and attentive. The rooms are very average - we spent only 1 night there and I felt it was enough. I had my hair washed and dried at the salon in the basement and my husband had a massage - a good experience. The breakfast was good and I think it is worthwhile staying here if in Hue.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We were just here 2 nights but it was ideal for walking, restaurants and sight seeing. the staff very friendly and helpful. Our room and bathroom were clean and good size. We had a great breakfast. Our bell boy pointed to the Canadian flag on his cap. Charming

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 21, 2013

This hotel was ideal for us during our stay on Hue. The location is easily one of the best in town. It is central to the markets and river and tours which originate near here. The room was great with a view over the river and staff who were keen to assist us. The views from the roof and pool area are well worth it and give you a break after a long day of exploring the city and the wonderful surrounds. Our room was small but very cosy and clean.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple