“Convenient location, decent room with view”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Asia Hotel

Asia Hotel
Ranked #31 of 122 Hotels in Hue
Auckland, New Zealand
“Convenient location, decent room with view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

Our stay here didn't start off on the best foot.
As we were arriving at 8am on a train from Hanoi to Hue, we made 2 nights booking here to make sure we can check in as soon a see arrive rather than having to wait until 3pm.
We rang the hotel the day before to confirm this arrangement with them, however, it took two calls and at least explaining it to 6 different people before we got someone who was more fluent in English to communicate with.
Upon our arrival, our room was not ready immediately, and we had to wait around for 30min. We would not normally complain about this, but after a 12hr bumpy train ride, the lat thing we felt like is waiting around for a room that should be available immediately.

Apart from this initial hiccup, the hotel room was actually really pleasant to stay in. We stayed on the 10th floor, facing the river, it was a great view. The bed was comfy, the bathroom decent, the room was huge and clean, it also had a day-bed facing the view.

The hotel is located in a very convenient location, right in the heart of the hotel strip, where the cafes, bars and restaurants are located.

We then booked a driver through the hotel to take us from Hue to Hoi-An. He was a good driver, but didn't speak a word of English, so don't expect a tour guide if that's what you're after.

Overall, we would probably stay here again for the convinience and the room, and would recommend to others who are looking for a hotel in this price range.

• Stayed January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Vietnamese first
Newport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

This is a nice hotel with very well appointed rooms. We stayed on the seventh floor and this gave us a great view out over Hue. Helpful staff and a nice atmosphere and in a good location, within walking distance of a wide selection of restaurants and the river. Would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to stay in the city for a couple of days.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the upper floors
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Mindarie, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

My partner and I have just returned from our holiday in Vietnam and whilst there stayed at the Asia hotel .
Our experience at this hotel was an extremely positive one and cannot speak highly enough of the wonderful staff and the great room .
We would reccomending this hotel to anyone of our friends . The rooms were equivalent to many five star within Australia. The staff could not do enough for us and the price we paid was very easy on the wallet .
A big thank you for a great experience Hotel Asia

Dean H

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Palmdale, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

I've been to Hue several times but this was the first time staying a larger hotel. The Asia Hotel was fantastic! Buffet breakfast in the morning was very good with a wide selection of western and asian food, fresh fruit, juice, bread and american coffee. Cooks standing by to cook eggs for you, your way.
The room we had was a single king and was very large, complimentary fruit and water in the room. 32" plasma tv with VN and international programming.
The staff at this hotel is very accomadating and friendly, my daughter loved the doormen (she's four) and the played and talked with her whenever we were in the lobby. I think every one was really surprised because my daughter speaks fluent vietnamese without an accent and english so everyone that met here really got a kick out of her.
I would definately recommend this hotel to anyone coming to Hue.
Being on Pham Ngu Lao street puts it right in the middle of the tourist district and right across the street from the Why Not resturant, who have the best pizza and ice cream.
I don't know about the person that was such a neat/clean freak and stripping the bed down in every place they stay. I always take a bug bomb with me and set it off in the room an go out for 4 hours. Kills everything in the room, pull the sheets back before hand and don't worry about it the rest of the time you're there. I do this especially at the minihotels due to always having mosquitos in the rooms. I didn't see any bugs at all in the room when we got in or any other time. My house in Saigon has more and it has several geckos eating the bugs.
Enjoy the stay at this hotel and I will be back!

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Brett B
THANG T, Owner at Asia Hotel, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear my guests,

Many thanks for your good comments on our property.

I am looking forwards to welcoming you again at Asia hotel.

Thang Tong Phuoc
Asia hotel owern
Plymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

We spent 2 nights in this hotel, we had a very nice room over looking the city, everything was very clean and well presented, we did laugh at the clear window separating the bathroom and toilet from the sleeping area, but on closer examination there was a blind available to keep ones dignity. The breakfast was ok, it had lots on offer with views over the city.we did however find a fantastic restaurant right next door. The staff were very helpful and polite, do be advised that there are some steep steps leading upto the hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Karen P
Dear my guest,

I highly appreciate your coment that reflects the hotel staff's effort to serve guests.

Your comment has been forwarded to all related department. It, surely, help them to increase their effort to serve all clients to the hotel.

I am looking forwards to welcoming you again at Asia Hotel.

Thang T Phuoc
Asia hotel owner
Tel: 84.54.3830283 * Fax: 84.54.3828972
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

The service was very good at check-in. The reception staff were friendly, helpful and one woman spoke good English. We booked a suite for 2 days and we were very happy with the large room and balcony. The location is good. The hotel is within walking distance to the Perfume River, boats for hire for an evening ride to see the sunset and a there is a bridge to walk over for the Outdoor Market. The breakfast is very good. American and Vietnam food. Omelette's were good and the pastry is delicious. A plus if breakfast is included in the cost for your room. Otherwise it is US$5.00 per person. You get a coupon - per person for a complimentary soft drink in the bar lounge. Two complimentary small bottles of water per day in your room. Another plus, for free in-room Wi-fi. The pool is not heated. The pool water was cold. There are only a few lie-down wooden lounge chairs in the small pool area. We had to request pool towels. Pillows were hard. The hotel should offer softer pillows to guests.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra for a Suite on the 8th floor facing the street.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank veegee123
Dear my valued guest,

It is nice to read your comment. It is so lovely.

Your comment is the result of our staff's effort who commit to bring the best services to their clients.

I hope you will be back at Asia hotel again in the near future.

Regards

Thang T Phuoc
Asia Hotel owner
Tel: 84.54.38380283
Fax: 84.54.3828972
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Asia hotel had everything I needed, and the buffet and pool area was particularly lovely. I'm glad I'm not the sort of traveler who needs to strip the room to see if it's clean, although that one series of photos definitely would have given me pause if I'd known before the fact! Bedbugs are found in the nicest of hotels, though, and frankly it's a wonder that this person is able to go anywhere, including in their home country, given their evident clean-freakishness. For the record, I wasn't bitten by anything other than mosquitoes, and I'm sure if I stripped the bed in a Marriott or Hilton I'm bound to find something I didn't like staining the mattress, so I just don't do those sorts of things and I sleep in ignorant bliss. Having said that, I hope they've upped their cleaning standards since...

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank TravellingAllijohn
Hi There,

Nice to read your comments on the first days of the new year 2013. Hopefuly, our new year 2013 will be filled with joys.

Your comment has been forwarded to all related departments and surely, it will be the motives that help increase the working effort.

Please be back to Asia hotel next time if you visit my country again.

Regards