“Favorite hotel in Vietnam”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Asia Hotel

Asia Hotel
Ranked #29 of 121 Hotels in Hue
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Favorite hotel in Vietnam”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2011

I loved this hotel. Modern decor, nice pool area, and great location. The staff were very friendly and helpful, and like others have said, they have a good breakfast buffet. The breakfast was not great by American standards, however, after travelling around Vietnam i realized it was the best breakfast we had. They had a slightly better selection of Western food. We did have an issue with the AC, as others have mentioned. It really took a long time for the room to cool down. Also, they say they have 24 hour room service but when I called downstairs to see if I could just get some ice (to make an ice pack for my headache) at 10 p.m. they told me they were closed?? Still, overall we had a very good experience at the hotel and I'd definitely go back.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank straw628

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Vietnamese first
Haarlem, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2011

The rooms in this hotel are large (by Vietnam standards). The rooms are very clean and the view from the top floor of the hotel is just breath-taking! This hotel must have one of the best, most varied breakfasts in Hue, if not Vietnam. A great mixture of Asian and Western food. The hotel has a very small swimming pool, which is not actually outdoors but on the 7/8 floor with an open balcony which gives the feel it's outdoors but not in direct sunlight, so you won't get much of a sun tan. This said, it's a great area to relax.

Best thing about this hotel is it's location in Hue. The hotel sits in an area occupied by the busiest 2 streets in Hue for bars and restaurants. You will never be short of somewhere to eat or drink.

Room Tip: rooms are large, very comfortable and very clean.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank JonandJoanne
Bologna, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2011

I and my daughter stayed here 5 days and were very happy with our booking, the room is large and cosy, very nice view of the street, breakfast included and plentiful, dinners at the restaurant was superb, staff are excellent, very kind always smiling and called us by names, location is perfect just 5 minutes walk to the river and I loved watching locals practising Taichi in the morning, children carried on scooters to school. Will definitely stay here again. Had a lovely stay and found it very difficult to leave

Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,224 helpful votes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2011

I really liked this hotel ! The room was massive and newly decorated. The bathroom was big too and very clean. Location of the hotel is good, on a little road with lots of restaraunts. The staff were very polite and friendly. Breakfast choices are excellent- lots of fruit, pastries, juices, eggs, Vietnamese foods etc. The little swimming pool is nice too. I would definitely recommend this hotel

• Stayed July 2011
Jersey Channel Islands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2011

I reviewed this hotel in June 2010 and I have to say we stayed again this year in June and if anything it is even better. We were given a complimentary upgrade to the executive floor and it was quite simply gorgeous ....if a tad hot!!

We had problems with the air-con as it switched off when the keycard was removed on exiting the room and it was hotter than Hades I have to say when you returned . The staff however gave us a spare card which allowed us to keep the air-con on all day so the room was cool when we returned for a freshen up - a must for us Scottish people in 35 plus heat.

The staff in this hotel are quite simply amazing - so friendly and helpful - they just cannot do enough. The location is so good - loads of great eateries on your doorstep. Breakfast is a buffet affair and is varied. Quality of the food is decent but I feel the dining room is just a wee bit small - but hey ho we did not complain - it's adequate for a 3 star hotel.

Be careful if approached by a cyclo man - loads just outside the hotel - they will rip you off. We agreed an hour and were essentially kidnapped for 2.5!! The sad thing is we would have given the gents $10 for the agreed hour [a really decent if not execessive tip for an initial $3 charge] but we got 2.5 hours for $8!!! ha ha

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank aliandderek
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2011

My partner and I stayed here in July 2011 just over night The room was ok
The staf were helpful generally and being a 3 star hotel we did not expect the Ritz. Close to lots of eating places . My only tip of caution to any one staying here is be very careful if you use the pool, it is a small indoor pool and very slippery surrounds . I took a bad fall here which could have cruelled the rest of my holiday SO BE AWARE. The young girl who was
the pool assistand really had no idea of what to do to help . I did write a report to the hotel, but not sure if i will every hear from them . i still have the bruise to remember Hue Les Breen

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2011

We've just returned from Hue - we stayed at the Asia Hotel (my second visit to this hotel)- they have a small pool which was really refreshing and amazingly quiet as it was pretty hot...- their rooms are great, the breakfast is wonderful and they're right in the middle of the tourist zone...one amazing thing happened while we were there - my 8 year old left his day pack on the train (we'd travelled from Danang to Hue with fantastic views)- nintendo DS and all inside...we realised when we were half way to the hotel in the cab. On arriving at the hotel (8yo in tears) the lady at reception immediately contacted her uncle (an official at the station) ...I returned to the station, placed a lost items report and we had the back pack with all contents inside (even the small amount of spending money he had saved) back by 8am the next day - WHAT SERVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE ASIA HOTEL ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: The rooms are quite high so you get a good view...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family