“Authentic Indian Chef but no bhuna??”
Review of Shiva Shakti - CLOSED

Shiva Shakti
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
London, England, United Kingdom
“Authentic Indian Chef but no bhuna??”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

The meal was very tasty and well cooked even though their menu was very much English-Indian rather than traditional Indian i.e. Vindaloo and Tikka Masala rather than Bhuna etc.

Service was fine and price was good but can't go as far as saying it's the best Indian I've ever had.

• Visited August 2013

Hue, Vietnam
“Great service”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We ended up going to this restaurant twice.the food was great .the waitresses M^ y and Ly were really attentive and Made the experience excellent 'it was also well priced.

• Visited August 2013
“'Paradise of spice' Beat Indian we have ever had!”
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend came here on a whim... Only to find out that everything is the best of any Indian We have ever had! We had the best saag (they call it 'Palaak') Paneer, the best Fish Madras and the best chicken Jalfrezi we have ever had! The ambience is a strange mixture between Indian and Spanish but it fits beautifully to the mood and location! This is only our 2nd night in Hue but for anyone wishing to travel here, if you have had enough of the Vietnamese cuisine, this is the place to be!
I will never be able to enjoy an Indian back home in Wales (even though we love our local indian and feel loyal as ever) as much ever again but I love that! It is a must for any traveller to Hue.
The waitresses are fantastic and so accommodating. We hope you can enjoy it just as much as we did! :)
A three course meal with all the trimmings + a bottle of wine all for under £20! This is the place to be!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Wiggyy
Darwin, Australia
“Authentic.”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I dined at the Shiva Shakti while in Hue and found it refreshingly authentic with cuisine from several parts of India reflected in the flavours of the dishes. The prices are very reasonable, the service very good and the atmosphere and ambiance pleasant.
The beer is not cold enough and I do not like ice in my glass of beer. I found the beer choices of Shiva Shakti limited. This was my only complaint. (This complaint is indicative of almost all restaurant and bars in Viet Nam)
The restaurant does a good business and the staff are knowledgeable, helpful and friendly. I think you will enjoy your lunches or dinners at this restaurant.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank growler202
Adelaide, Australia
“Wow - Packed a punch with flavours”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

On our last night in Hue we decided to try the Indian at Shiva Shakti as we had passed by most nights and always saw lots of people eating here. We ordered butter chicken and chicken korma and they were both authentic, flavoursome and so very delicious. My partner broke into a sweat and had burning lips. Yummy.

• Visited June 2013