“Just for a drink !” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bar Sunlight

Bar Sunlight
Ranked #220 of 296 Restaurants in Hue
Cuisines: Asian, Bar, Pub
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Just for a drink !”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

The food is awful ! This is a place only to take a drink ! The noodles with chicken are not good, the grilled skid is burnt !

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Leolouis

Hue, Vietnam
“Terrible Owner and Staff”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

The Women ,It seem the owner oder staff put water ,no, fake beer on to beer, and make it have new bottle.Food is look like so terrible.Never come back here.Ripp off.The price is over.

2 Thank Etienne89_13
“Very tasty food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

I had the fried vegetables with cashew nuts on our first visit and it was delicious, the nicest meal I had in Hue. Another night I tried the fried veg with garlic and tofu. Good beer and good service. The bathroom was clean.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank emarieanng
London, United Kingdom
“Some nerve”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

Drank there on the 19th and 20th of Feb, this year. This was the original "Why not" bar and is presumably under new ownership since I last visited 2 years ago (the "why not" bar further up the road borrowed the name, I believe; don't ask-this is a Vietnam thing). On my second night there, around 11.30pm, I ordered the excellent local huda beer that they serve on draught. Whilst at the counter, I saw something beyond belief. They were pouring a large water container of several litres (as in those found at reception areas) into the huda keg. They still served it to me! The young staff found it amusing that I seemd oblivious to what they were doing. If refreshing low alcohol beer is your thing, then his may be your place. At least they use filtered water. Generally, I note Hue tourist numbers to be down over the years I've visisted, so be careful about similar schemes to maintain threatened profit margins

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank tbeirne
Ireland
“great surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

We went here last night for food, after four other days in Hue. We were incredibly surprised and happy with what we got. I ordered steak and chips and my friends got fried veg with cashew nuts. both tasted amazing. the food we had been having up to then had been alright. My steak tasted amazing. It had an almost coconut taste to it.I was not able to pin it down I really enjoyed it.
The veg and cashew nuts were awesome. Simple and with a lot of cabbage. The cabbage was incredible. you don't expect cabbage to be so good. We were not the only others to really like their food. a couple arrived as we were eating and it was their second time coming there.
We went back for breakfast again this morning for breakfast and it tasted just as good.

• 5 of 5 bubbles