“Great hotel in Hue!”
Review of Google Hostel

Google Hostel
Ranked #17 of 134 Hue B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 16, 2013

The staff here are really friendly and helpful, they were on the phone for us to a bunch of places trying to book transport for us (a hard task during Tet!). Great value for money, rooms are clean and have everything you need.
Food was great and the free beer was a serious plus!

Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank Allie M

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed few days at this hotel and liked it; the young and energetic staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms are very reasonably priced, especially considering the fact that there was a modest breakfast and free beer every evening included in the price.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Rudolf S
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Google Hotel in Hue was great, really nice staff and rooms. Breakfast is included and there is also a pool table to use any time. I felt comfortable staying here in a three bed private the first night and then in a double the second. They provided an extra mattress in the 3 bed room as sharing the double was not an option.

The location is great and you can hire cheap bikes to see the town, the showers are hot and the wifi is good.

I recommend and would stay here again when in Hue

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Tim G
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Thanh Xuan Hotel aka Google hotel in Hue City does everything the name suggests! Fast, reliable, and simply put amazing! Upon arrival we were greeted with a cup of hot tasty tea and shown to a very cozy room with all amenities one could expect from a top level hotel anywhere in the world. The staff were very friendly and caring, Loin in particular. The food downstairs is a nice mix of Vietnamese and European cousine with a nice touch of local alcohol (Vietnamese Rhum is a musthave). Moreover, they serve free draught unpasterized Beer Hoi all evening long. The cafe manager Dung is an exceptionally friendly and funny guy who we made good friends with. Just watching him do his thing is a one of a kind experience in its own right. It was actually so nice, we found it hard even leaving the place for a walk))

And best of all, Google hotel is probably the only place in Hue city where they serve you with some phat Dubstep and Drum'n'Bass tunes you just cant help dancing to!

Exceptional value for the money! Highly recommended!

Arty and Katt (Kiev, Ukraine)

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KatyaSivakova
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Breakfast included,but horrible instant coffee.Quite a lot staff, but slow service.Everytime we want to leave the hotel the staff is very pushy,they want to know where we are going and keep on suggesting tours.In the lobby they play far too loud drum bass and dubstep,even in the morning.rooms are very clean and good.laundry service is good.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank Maniok83
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I think the lonely planet and many reviews on here overrate this place.
We phoned and booked a double room- we took the more pricey one when given the option but when we arrived we were shown a twin room and a small double and we were asked to choose which one. We tried to explain we had already booked a double (which we were to believe had a balcony as well....but didn't) the owner just kept saying, "I know, I know". We just said we would take the double as we were tired and he did not seem to understand the fact we already had a reservation.
The room was small, the power card did not work, so the owner put a shampoo sachet in the power slot! It felt slightly dangerous as we could smell the shampoo coming out from it... :(
The power cut off a few times during our stay and my boyfriend had to juggle the shampoo sachet around to make it come back on.
There was a fridge but it was dirty, it had hairs in it and no drink or food.
The beds are rock hard, people have commented that is normal in Asia, I have not experienced anything like that the entire time I have traveled throughout South East Asia. You may as well sleep on the floor. My back was really sore after the 1st night. The towels are the size of bath mats. I am not being dramatic.
The hot water cut out every time we had a shower.
We booked a tour through the hotel which was reasonable and the tour guide was nice. The girl was friendly and reasonably helpful when I booked it but then afterward she stopped smiling and brushed me off when I asked her about the price of stamps for sale! I thought it was odd.
The manager lingered around outside each night and seemed uptight and intense, I only say that because we sat out each night and had the free beer during happy hour and I found it strange, he never smiled...If you like beer, you can get free beer every night during happy hour. I guess if you are a young person with a group of friends, that might be an appeal.
It is in a good location, has a pool table and serves food and free breakfast. The breakfast is nice, filling and service is efficient.
All in all, a mediocre place. I would not stay again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We reserved this hotel with booking.com, a double with private bath - it sounded great - not so. We paid for 3 nights stayed for 2. The staff had basic information and provided tour information, were somewhat friendly but the night personnel did not speak any english. The room was not as it was listed on booking.com (I don't blame booking.com they get the information from the hotel) there was no balcony, no view other than someone's laundry, no CD/DVD player, radio, clock, safe, iron or kettle, slippers were 2 sets of ratty flip flops one pair the toes were cut off and both were dirty looking. There was a TV with cable but only 2-3 channels were clear enough to see or hear. No access to a kitchen or washing machine. The bed was not just firm but hard and not at all comfortable, there was a sheet and a folded blanket for linen and 2 average pillows. There were no towles in the bathroom, and half a roll of toilet paper for 2 adults. Had to go to the desk for towels at check in. We recieved no cleaning service during our stay - had to ask for toilet paper the next day and none was delivered/supplied, we bought our own. The last day I had to run down the cleaning crew for towels and toilet paper. Breakfast was not worth mentioning - I would not reccomend this hotel to anyone and would suggest that you look for better options. It soulds good in theory and the value is good but you will be dissapointed and will be tired and have a sore back when when you check out.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple