Century Riverside Hue Hotel
$35
$30
Hostelworld.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsthe rivershowing its agebig hotelfamily roomtruong tien bridgedong ba marketbig roomnight markettourist areacentral locationstayed here for nightshotel staffbreakfast buffetrestaurants and barsvietnamtourstlc
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

We spent a few nights here. It was a nice hotel just by the river. The room was spacious. Breakfast in Asian style was good but not the western part. Luckily we liked the Asian. Coffee not drinkable , go for the tea!
Just opposite are lots of cafés and restaurants so it is so easy to "go out"

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 12, 2013

I booked this hotel on line for a very reasonable price and was surprised when I drove up on the back of a hired motor scooter. The scooter driver left me at the gate because he likely wasn't allowed to pull up to the door.
I was assigned to a riverside room on the third floor with a fantastic view of the river and swimming pool.
The breakfast is typical for most hotels in Vietnam, not bad but a little challenging for a westerner
The location is good, right across the street from a string of popular bars and restaurants.
Overall I was happy with my choice and would recommend it to friends.

Room Tip: Riverside is best
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 6, 2013

In Hue this hotel is one of the biggest, we got a room with a view to the river and that was amazing. In the night you can see the colourful display of the city as they put on a light show.

There is a lively market nearby and very good restaurants and tailors just 100 meters from hotel

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 23, 2013

we had booked two nites in a standard room. We accidentally missed out flight from Hanoi so we arrived a day late. The manager was gracious enough to instead upgrade us to a suite for one night.

great hotel, in a good location. very clean, and the staff is very friendly.

there is also a good breakfast that is included.

Room Tip: Get a river view room, Hue has great sunsets.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Location is good, in the centre, easy to find, lots of things to see and do in walking distance. Our room was a family room with three with river view. Well, I could see the river if I could lean enough over the balcony... Cleanliness was average. The whole building could really use a big renovation. The room was spacious but it felt empty, very basic, but it was functional.
The breakfast was very local, if you don't feel like eating soup, noodle or rice in the morning you can have baguette, butter, jam, fruits.
The ladies at the reception were very helpful, maybe too much enthusiastic. They tried to sell tours anytime we met. We had to sneak out, not to get caught and interrogated where we were heading...
We wanted to take the train to Da Nang but since it was a week after the typhoon, we let us convinced that the rails got damaged and anyway it's a way too long trip (2,5 hours) but luckily they knew the solution and recommended to take a bus. It sounded fine, we bought the tickets, but we were chased for two days for paying the ticket, although I said, I'd pay the day we leave, whatever. The bus stopped in front of the hotel, and it was the most disgusting and dirtiest vehicle I've ever seen. (And I've seen dirty thing here in Asia, believe me.) The whole journey was more than 4 hours on a sleeping bus with the tiniest seats/beds which only can fit max a 150cm, 45kgs person. It was hell of a ride, considering the vietnamese driving style. But here we are, alive, no damage done :).

I don't really know how hotels are rated, what they have to provide exactly to get 4stars, but after staying in lots of hotels all over the world, Century Riverside is max 2,5 stars.
I don't think I'll stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends