“Holiday Diamond a real Gem!”

Holiday Diamond Hotel
Ranked #4 of 122 Hotels in Hue
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed in 5 hotels on our recent visit and this was by far the best and unbelievably the cheapest! The staff were friendly and provide outstanding service; such beautiful extras like being welcomed back with cold wet towls and a cool glass of lemon juice or green tea and fresh fruit; complimentary fruit and water provided every day; the breaksfasts were wondeful and such a wide selection of fresh fruit.
this hotel is fantastic value.
Our olnly disappointment was with a private tour we took through the hotel on the boat/motorbike tour-We have given feedback to the hotel and we are sure this matter will be reviewed.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Every time my son and I walked in the door we were greeted with smiles, cold face cloths and lemonade! Our room was comfortable and clean. Computer in the room was a bonus. Laundry service was good.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

We've stayed two nights in this hotel and it was great. The rooms are good, there's a good breakfast and the service is excellent. The staff will help you with about anything. They also offer city tours and motorcycle rentals but we didn't make use of it so I can't say if they're any good. What I do know is that they take good care of their guests. We got offered a drink every time we returned to the hotel and even refreshing towels. The rooms are big and clean. We had a nice bathroom with a bath and more towels than we needed. So if you would liked to get pampered for a couple of days, this is the place to go.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank dingelen
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Decision to stay in Holiday Diamond hotel was one the best I made in Vietnam. It's an absolutely perfect place with incredibly friendly and always helpful staff who not only took care on me and pick me up when I arrived to Hue by bus in the evening, but also provided fresh towels and drinks every time I entered the hotel, always had time for a small chat and help when needed and allowed me to stay until late afternoon without any additional payment. The rooms are nicely decorated, perfectly clean and very quiet, so it's a real pleasure to stay there, but the staff is what makes this place so special. It's also possible to arrange trips around, so the only thing I regret is having not enough time to stay there longer.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank mrsberuang
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Not that I don't trust all the good reviews this place had...just could not believe that you'd get all that for $20! But I did and it was spectacular. The staff is all that everyone says and then some. We were happy to book our area tours with them and once again they did not disappoint. I rarely gush, but this hotel and staff deserve every wonderful word!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank globecircler
Reviewed October 23, 2012

By any measure, the staff at the Holiday Diamond Hotel are amazing. Clearly, a tremendous effort has gone into their recruiting and training. They are collectively the most accommodating that I have encountered anywhere. Without being obsequious, they do seem to genuinely care for their guests welfare. One would hope that they can maintain this edge over time.
Beyond that, I found the rooms to be entirely adequate and the location quite good. Its possible to walk to the Dong Ba market across the Perfume River and also to the night market area, although the Citadel might be a bit far for walking (take a bike or motorbike for hire).
I also enjoyed the proximity to Hue's extensive linear parks along the river for my morning jog.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We chose the Holiday Diamond after reading reviews here and on Agoda, This was our 2nd visit to Hue and although we had been happy with the hotel we used previously we decided on a change of location closer to the action.
And weren't we glad we did!
Holiday Diamond is like so many other hotels in Vietnam - clean, comfortable, and good value. The location is good (down a quiet lane away from street noise) and the breakfast is more than aequate. Same same? No, not at all.
The staff at Holiday Diamond sets this hotel well above most others (Cozy Hotel 2 in Hanoi is up there too) we have used in Vietnam. Cold towels and fresh cold juice await you each and every time you come in off the street (heaven on a hot muggy Hue day). The smiles feel genuine and nothing seems to be too much bother. If there is a next time to Hue for us we won't bother looking at other hotels - Holiday Diamond has won us.

Room Tip: A river view room would be nice.