“Nice food and atmosphere”

Les Jardins de La Carambole
Ranked #18 of 375 Restaurants in Hue
Cuisines: French, Vietnamese
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Les Jardins De La Carambole is a new restaurant in Hue serving Vietnamese and French cuisine. It is inside the Citadel, very near the Forbidden City. It's an impressive reconstruction of a French Colonial Villa. Great attention was paid to every detail of the historic reconstruction.
Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

I had the duck with lemon grass and chilli which was delicious. It was nice to find a clean restaurant serving high quality western food after 3 weeks of eating SE Asian food.

The restaurant is near the citadel and away from the main tourist drag. Well worth a visit.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,909)

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Went there with three kids that aren't always that easy to please when far away from home, but great food and ambience kept the whole family happy. I would warmly recommend the duck. My wife and I both ordered duck, for some reason she was served something that was probably goat, that was a little mishap, but they rectified it, and my wife eventually had her duck too. I can almost taste it still!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We (a German family with two boys aged 7 and 10) went to this place on our last night in Vietnam. Our expectations were high due to the fabulous trip advisor reviews and a personal recommendation by an Australian couple we had met on our way to Hué. And the first Impression was very positive: the place is very stylish, the waiters impeccable. The menu, however, did not strike us as particularly ingenious - it was the same mixture of Western and Vietnamese food we had seen in a couple of other restaurants; there was hardly a trace of French cuisine. Our kids both ordered pizza and enjoyed it. I started with banh trang, rice flour with dried shrimps and pork steamed in a banana leaf, and grilled beef again in banana leaves. My wife had Vietnames crab soup as a starter and stir-fried beef with potatoes and onions as a main course. The starters were delicious, the main courses disappointing: my beef was chewy, the stir-fried beef turned out to be combined with French fries - a somewhat misaligned fusion meal. All in all: we had expected more.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

This restaurant is a must place on any trip to Hue. They also have a restaraunt on the tourist street Pham Nu Lao, but this is the place you want to eat. Your not going to find it by accident but a taxi will find it for you. A new building in french style sets the mood, the decor and the ambience will take you back in time. The food is excellent and I would recommend one of the set menu's as they give good value for money and a well balanced meal.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

The tastiest western food we have eaten in Vietnam - everything is fresh and clearly cooked by someone with skill and care. The menu was not amazing for vegetarians, but there were enough options for us to enjoy a really nice dinner in a beautiful setting, and even live piano music. On the pricier side for Vietnam, but completely worth it for the high quality of food you get here.