“Great Italian food”

Les Jardins de La Carambole
Ranked #12 of 304 Restaurants in Hue
Cuisines: French, Asian, Vietnamese
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Les Jardins De La Carambole is a new restaurant in Hue serving Vietnamese and French cuisine. It is inside the Citadel, very near the Forbidden City. It's an impressive reconstruction of a French Colonial Villa. Great attention was paid to every detail of the historic reconstruction.
Brisbane
“Great Italian food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

The french cuisine here was extremely good. The place is immaculate. We dined while listening to someone play the piano which was nice. The service is excellent and the staff are very friendly. The price is quite high for Vietnam but well worth it. We ordered the tomato, basil and olive oil antipasti for the starter. I ordered the duck with orange and my partner ordered the salmon with mango and mashed potato. The meals were very very nice A+. The desert was also excellent. In fact the french food here is much better than any french restaurant I have eaten at in my own country (Australia) let alone Vietnam. If you have the urge for Italian DO NOT HESITATE to try this place. You will not be disappointed. I will be coming back for more.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
sydney
“wonderful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

Firstly we would like to say that whilst we use tripadvisor constantly for advice we rarely feel compelled to write any reviews. However, tonight is an exception as we felt that our experience at this restaurant warranted the effort. We looked up best restaurants on tripadvisor and despite the latest bad review for this one we chose to ignore it and give it a go tonight anyway as the other reviews were so good. Thank goodness we did! Our first impression as we pulled up outside was what a lovely building it was and how warm and welcoming it looked on a very rainy night. The staff were also very welcoming and once inside we were immediately struck with how beautiful the restaurant was and what a great feel it had. We just hoped the food lived up to our expectations - it did! We chose a mixture of dishes - duck and orange (with the best french fries, hot and crispy), egg pancake, banana flower salad (fantastic) and the first speciality which I can't remember the name of but it was wapped in banana leaves. The food was fabulous - the best in vietnam so far and although we chose a random selection of dishes they all complimented each other really well. Also this is the first restaurant we have been to in vietnam that offered great wine at a really reasonable price. The staff were very sweet and attentive and after our meal the owner and his wife took the time to come over and introduce themselves and chatted about the history of the restaurant. We couldn't believe it was only 4 years old as it looked so authentic. We could go on but all in all we had a really lovely night and would thoroughly recommend visting this special place, we would be very surprised if you were disappointed.

1 Thank blackle
“Nice !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

The food is good, service is very friendly only they are waiting to finish your plate that's not entirely comfortable, the food is great location is a little difficult to find, overall recommend!

Placencia, Belize
“Contemporary Vietnamese cooking, first-rate”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

Our dinner on Monday the 24th was fantastic. Not only was every dish flavorful and perfectly prepared, they were presented artfully and served graciously. Thank you for the beautiful experience and showing us the hospitality of Hue.

1 Thank FlipFlopTheBeachCat
Hanoi, Vietnam
“Very pour kitchen”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

On a honney moon trip we went there based on the good recommandations of TA. What a desapointment, supposed to be a very good restaurant. I don't know where this people went but we might have miss something.

I order a French onion soup and a Croque monsieur, nothing fancy I wanted something simple after a long day visiting around the city. I was also having a very strong look at dessert too.

We received bread and butter, looking at the quality of those I was looking forward for my dinner.

My wife ordered something Vietnamese, sorry can't remember what but was tastless stirfried vegetables were watery. rice over cooked.

My french onion soup came cold after 25 min waiting while my wife had her dishes served, the onions were barely cooked, far to be caramelised, the broth was so-so but cold, we had small crouton good quality, poor quantity, and some cheese in such a tiny quantity that I forgot about it. no cheese on the croutons.

Regarding the Croque monsieur I received a ham and cheese sandwich, no bechamel sauce and cheese on top, under cooked fries a salad that might have been forgotten outside from the lunch.

My advice would be go there for the bread, almost to die for, the setting for what I saw his also great, have a drink there avoid the food.

5 Thank VPHanoi