“Good food and staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Golden Rice

Golden Rice
Ranked #11 of 304 Restaurants in Hue
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese, Fusion
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Romantic, Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Golden rice is there to offer our guests Authentic local fresh and Asian fusion food in a cozy atmosphere, besides some children and Western dishes, well selection of wine and cocktails are also available.
Hull
“Good food and staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

A popular restaurant close to our hotel. Well-cooked food efficiently served. One night, we tried the seafood hotpot, which you cook at the table. The helpful waitress showed us how to do it, and kept coming back to see if we were OK with it. It was delicious!

Visited April 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Manchester, UK
“Amazing Vietnamese food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

Try the pork with caramel & sesame seeds - to die for!!!

Service good, and quiet comfortable inside.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Dimpster01
London, United Kingdom
“Average food targeting tourists”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

Probably one of the worst meals we had in Vietnam. Reminded me of average Chinese takeaways in Australia. However the fresh papaya juice was nice.

• Visited May 2013
Tho2012, Owner at Golden Rice, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you so much for having spent your time to review our service. We really appreciate your oppinion and we believe that your comment would be useful source of information for improving our service. We do appologize to you that our service failed to meet your expectation.
Your satifastion is our success so as we take action seriously, having talked with chef to verify our mistake and learn to make sure this mistake will not happen again and all our customers have nice experience dining at our restaurant.
We know that you have too many other places to see but if you come back to Vietnam again, please give us a second chance to satisfy you.

We hope to see you again. Happy travel.

Restaurant owner.
Ripon, United Kingdom
“Vietnam Rocks!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

Firstly, as Trip Advisor will not allow me to write a review about a country please indulge me for a moment as I tell you a little about this fine country. It is only fairly recently that travellers and tourists have been welcomed into Vietnam and welcome they are. The people are fantastically friendly, well groomed and the place is well cared for and clean. The people have a strong sense of self respect and respect for others. Nothing is wasted. Compared to UK everything is cheap. We felt very safe and the people appear to be very sincere and honest. There is no element of trying to rip you off!The only expensive thing I experienced was the flight to get there! How long will prices remain low is anyone's guess but go whilst value is incredible. Beer is less than a pound a bottle, around 80 pence. A meal (and, yes, I will get to the food soon!) is very tasty, not spicey (unless you want it to be) and is very cheap. Street vendors will heat you a corn on the cob for 3 pence! Restaurants are plentyful and clean. Food comes piping hot and is so varied that most menus resemble a book.
The Golden Rice restaurant in Hue (pronounced aweigh) was one of many restaurants I ate in over a 2 week trip from North to South (over a 1,00 miles). I never had a poor meal. My fiancee could see, one day, that I was not enjoying what I was eating. There was nothing wrong with it. I just wasn't keen on it. She asked what I was going to do? I said I would reorder as the most expensive thing on the menu was £2.00!!
This includes many varieties of fish, shell fish, pork, beef, chicken, and duck and vegetables all fresh that day! You may have to pay a little more than £2.00 for lobster.
The Golden Rice was probably my best or favourite place I had a meal in over 2 weeks of lunches and dinners. So I rate it pretty highly as generally the quality of cuisine in Vietnam is very high. We were taken by a Vietnamese guy who was into trying new places. You would not fall upon the Golden Rice by chance as it is tucked away off Le Loi but it is well worth the effort if you are in Hue. My fiancee and I went with Exodus Travel and would highly reccommend visiting Vietnam.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Jeremy W
Paris, France
“Absolutely Delicious Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

We chose this restaurant for our first dinner out in Hue. Every single dish on the table was beautiful and tasty and the service was also excellent. We tried another couple of places down the same street however this place hands down comes up trumps. Great local flavours of food rather than some of the other more touristy places serving western food. Give this place a go and you will definitely not be disappointed!

• Visited April 2013