“Great service, great location”
Review of Jade Hotel

Jade Hotel
Ranked #7 of 122 Hotels in Hue
London
“Great service, great location”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

I would highly recommend this Guesthouse. Great value for money, We upgraded to a Deluxe Room (which I would recommend for any couples as they are more spacious) and had a beautiful room with ensuite bathroom, TV, air/con etc. Every day upon return to the hotel we were greeted with fresh fruit and cold towels, plus a refreshing drink. Breakfast was excellent (try the banana pancake with honey yum!). The staff were very friendly and accommodating always, and looked after us during the recent Typhoon that hit Vietnam. Book it, you will not regret it.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Vietnamese first
London
Reviewed November 13, 2013

One of the hotel "finds" of our trip to Vietnam, the Jade Hotel more than met all our needs
It is an unassuming hotel, clean and offers good value for money. We paid $25 for a deluxe room
The large size of the room impressed us, as did the friendly and helpful staff who understood us perfectly and had plenty of time for us. After every return to the hotel we were welcomed by smiles and a refreshing cold drink. I will miss the staff from the Jade Hotel

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Reviewed November 13, 2013

We had booked in for 6 nights but unfortunately I went down with the flu on the first night and spent 4 nights in bed crook as a dog but the friendliness of the staff certainly helped. Making me hot lemon drinks and the few times I felt strong enough to leave my room for something to eat there would be a nice cool refreshing fruit juice for me on my return. The simple breakfast was free, wifi was good, beds were comfortable, nice soft linen. Best budget accommodation for the price I have found in Vietnam. The staff are well trained and what they may have lacked in English skills were more than made up for in eagerness to help. There was a terrible typhoon heading for Hue so had to leave early and the reception girl was able to book me on a flight out at the last minute. So I never got to see the sights of Hue so will have to make a return visit and I know which hotel I will be staying at next time. Thank you Jade Hotel for looking after me.

Room Tip: I stayed in 101 which is shielded from the foyer noise by a glass sound proof door.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

What can I say about this GEM of a hotel. It is beautiful in every week way and definitely provided my favourite stay of my trip to Vietnam.

The staff are wonderfully lovely. The breakfast was great with a wide choice and generous portions. Tea and coffee making facilities were a treat in the room. The shower was hot and spacious.

I find it hard to capture how lovely this hotel is but...we felt if we had been charged 30$ for the stay (not 15$), we would have been more than happy to have paid it. The staff really catered for our every need in a warm, friendly and kind way.

Give it a go - everywhere else after will pale in comparison!!!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
sunderland
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Booked this after a reccommendation from a friend. Upon arrival, I must say I wasn't blown away, our room wasn't ready as we arrived early from a sleeper bus from Hoi An, but we were given free breakfast, drinks & a wet towel which was nice. I used the toilet in reception and it wasn't the cleanest I've ever used, it made me feel a bit apprehensive. We eventually checked into our hote and while it was small it was clean. there was a set of wooden patio doors, which had then been covered up with a set of UPVC, which had then been boarded up around the edges so we couldnt get them open, it would have been a benefit if we could. The staff though are great, honestly some of the sweetest girls I have ever met, a little too attentive maybes, as they wait at the door for you & before you can say no, you are sat down with a drink, a piece of fruit & a wet towel, this is a lovely touch, although sometimes we were only popping back for more money, or because we had forgotten something, so it really wasn't necessary. I don't know any of the girls names (sorry) but one in particular (the girl with a fringe & a plait) was great when I got unwell & she took my boyfriend to 3 pharmacys to get me medicine, which worked a treat, thank you for that! They were also great when we got a puncture on a bike we hired, we had thought they might charge us but they couldn't apologise enough (obviously not their fault) and gave us a new bike striaght away, they even cooled the leather seat down for me when it was too hot to sit on. All in all we had a nice stay here, if you are on a really strict budget and have stayed in some dives then this will be great. If you can afford a little more luxury I'd go elsewhere.

Room Tip: If there is an option, choose a deluxe room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is centrally located with comfortable, clean rooms and fantastic staff. Our tariff included breakfast which was simple but good. We would stay here again and would happily recommend it to friends & family visiting Hue.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 9, 2013

The Jade Hotel offers guests a five star experience for an economy price. The staff are generous, warm and go above and beyond to make guests feel at home. A warm cup of tea and fresh fruit greet guests and that kind of welcoming service continues throughout your staff. No trip to Hue is complete without a stay at this one-of-a-kind hotel!

Room Tip: They don't have a fitness center or swimming but you'll be too busy exploring Hue to notice.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo