“Super!”

Ranked #7 of 120 Hotels in Hue
Pender Island, Canada
“Super!”
Reviewed February 7, 2012

We arrived grumpy and ill after an awful sleeper train journey and were offered breakfast immediately - before we had even been checked in! They upgraded our online reservation (gratis) and while we were out at the hotsprings they moved all our luggage up to our room. :) What service! Our room was bright and clean with high ceilings and sturdy furnishings.

The staff at the Jade are amazingly friendly and make you feel really special. It really is a boutique hotel at a budget price. Hands down the best place we stayed in two months in SE Asia!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank mamajunglequeen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Vietnamese first
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 2, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights, and would have loved to have stayed longer just for the service we received at this hotel, which is unbeatable value!! We arrived at midday and were offered breakfast immediately (which was always amazing, fresh and delicious!)
The room was clean, comfortable, and had such nice touches.
The main thing this hotel has to offer is the high quality service from all the staff, no matter what you need, they will sort it out for you without any problem. For example, my girlfriend had to go to hospital and Dat, the manager, came with us and stayed the entire time, interpreting and making sure she got what she needed. He would not accept anything in return, it was just part of the service!
Would definitiely recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Shanghai
Reviewed February 1, 2012

The Vietnamese are known for their friendliness, but the people at Jade take it even further. Every time we came back to the hotel the staff would come out to meet us and offer us tea, coffee, and wine. When my friend asked about the sandwich stand across the street, they offered to make her a sandwich and we got a wonderful lunch of eggs, bread, and mango slices.

The hotel is just a couple of streets over from a lot of nice restaurants and bars, and when we arrived they gave us a free map and showed us how to walk to the old part of the city (it takes about 20-30 minutes). Breakfast was amazing as well.

Loved Jade Hotel!

Hue, Vietnam
Reviewed January 31, 2012

I had stay here for two night . Then mush to change another hotel .
It's very nice hotel and friendly staff . I had a comment for this hotel is good riview but i don't know why . what happen with my review . It't bad review about this hotel . So sorry about that to all of staff in Jade hotel .

Reviewed January 30, 2012

We arrived at 5:30am in the morning and from the moment of our arrival to our departure, we felt like at home. Our room was spotless, the wifi a tad slow but bearable, and location a 5 minute walk from restaurants. Breakfast was a lovely surprise - eggs, fruit, toast & banana pancakes. We would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2012
Hanoi, Vietnam
Reviewed January 29, 2012

Best value for money and staff I've ever had at a hotel! Would definitely recommend. Walked into mangos and banana pancakes. It all seemed way too good to be true! They even put rose petals on the beds. Was able to use Microsoft Word on the computer. Staff went out of their way to get street food for my friend, reserve a taxi for a DMZ tour, reserve train tickets, etc. (Though this didn't keep me from having a great night's sleep, just know that the mattress is a typical thin mattress seen in Vietnam).

Stavanger, Norway
Reviewed January 29, 2012

I arrived at Jade hotel at 8:30 in the morning, after a 13 hour train ride from Hanoi (in a soft seat, not a sleeper, so I was definitely NOT in my happiest of moods at arrival). On arrival, I was told I needed to wait approx. 30 minutes for them to make my room ready, which I had already assumed, as I had not asked for an early check-in. While waiting, the truly amazing staff made me breakfast, gave me tea and tried to make me feel as good as possible, as they could see I was really tired and not exactly happy, which made me feel very good. I was then showed to my room, and it turned out that the 30 minutes I had to wait had been used to arrange flower petals in different shapes on my bed, as well as decorating my room with fresh flowers. It was so lovely and beautiful, with a huge bed and a small, but CLEAN bathroom.

The staff helped me arrange a bus ride to Hoi An as I could not face another train ride due to the horrible experience I had on the trip from Hanoi, and gave me loads of tips on what to see and do in Hue.

They have 2 computers for guests to use in the lobby, and there is good free WiFi for anyone to use.

The staff is really what makes this hotel THE place to stay. The hotel is located a bit out of the "main" part of the city centre - approx. 10 minute walking to the main street, so it is very quiet at night, but as a solo female traveler, I did not like walking home alone in the darkness. I'm sure its a safe area, its just my own precautions disliking it.

The rooms are nice, simple, but clean, with the amenities you need, and although a little worn down here and there, for the price you're paying, you get WAY more. Its is a very good value, and the staff is the friendliest I have seen so far during my trip in Vietnam. I would recommend this to anyone despite the location (which really is not bad, its just not smack in the middle of the action), and I would surely visit again if I ever return to Hue.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo