Hue Kangaroo Tour
Review Highlights
I recommend

I went around Hue with Mr Ty, you can choose where you want to go. He is friendly, punctual and... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
Guide66749177685
Good tour with friendly drivers

We took a tour from Huề to Hỏi A through the Hai Van Pass and it was great. The tour guides were... read more

Reviewed June 4, 2024
William T

All reviews mr ty met mr day tour hai van pass felt very safe ho chi minh trail his friends city tour minority villages motorbike trip amazing trip amazing sights an adventure safe driver vietnam war marble mountain da nang
Selected filters
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We had 2 great adventures with Mr Ty and Uncle Billy. My husband rides bikes so it was great to do this while in Vietnam. It was definitely a highlight of the trip for us. For the ladies, I definitely recommend being on My Ty's bike as it has extra padding and foot rests - or as we called it the "Princess Bike". They are good guides - we particularly liked the off the beaten track parts of the tour. They are happy to change plans to meet your needs. There is no pressure to buy or do things - just well organised so you don't have to think much. Mr Ty is also very good at getting back to your emails and making arrangements. They both have good English. The sights around Hue were the best although we enjoyed the Elephant falls and Van Halen Pass on the way to Hoi An.

Date of experience: August 2013
1  Thank KiwiGold K
Reviewed August 9, 2013

My wife and I spent four days with Mr Ty and Dr Bill. They picked us up on time from Hoi An and we did a day trip to Hue, then spent a day in Hue with them showing us about and lastly a 2 day trip to the Phong Nha Caves. It was all well worth it.

Highlights were the elephant falls on the Hoi An to Hue trip, crisp clear refreshing water was just what we needed for the heat. The DMZ tunnels were excellent and the Paradise caves were mind blowing. We cannot recommend the 2 day cave trip more, it was fantastic.

The boys always drove safely and our well being was in the front of their minds all the time. People mention the cold towels at every stop, it really is awesome, you don't realise how good they are when you are at home reading the computer - at the time they are a god send!

Not only did they show us the main touristy bits and pieces they showed us a wee slice of vietnamese life. We hit the back roads all the time, found some really awesome places to eat and learnt a lot about the daily life of the locals, the history of the war and the ins and outs of buddhism to name a few.

The boys were great. They are full of energy and bloody hilarious. They are always having a laugh, generally at each other's expense. Mr Ty is the boss but generally sits back and lets Uncle Bill do the talking. Ty makes sure you have everything you need and that you're happy. Bill does the tour guiding. Bill has lived a crazy life and has done so much, he was involved in the war and has endless stories and lots of back ground info. He gave us DVD's about the war which was a nice touch. He also spent a few years living as a monk and has in depth knowledge of the buddhism faith which is really interesting.

We were really sad to see the boys go and wish them all the best. We highly recommend them.

Date of experience: June 2013
1  Thank G0nad
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I have never written a Trip Advisor review before but "Uncle" Bill's motorcycle tours blew me away and inspired me. Bill is the nicest most honest tour guide you could ever want, and has a seemingly infinite supply of interesting stories from his own life and the war years. I originally booked him just for the single day Hue tombs/citadel tour but he figured out I was more interested in Vietnam War sites so in addition he took some notable places around town related to the war. I enjoyed the tour so much that I booked him for a one day DMZ tour which was an amazing 11 hour marathon of sites made much better by Bill's personal connection and inside knowledge of many of the places. I even forgot some souvenirs with him but he dropped them off at my hotel the next morning before I even realized I had left them. Motorcycles may be less comfortable than cars, but Bill's is about as comfortable as you could ask for (and it maes the experience that much more authentic). For tours around Hue I cannot recommend Bill enough, especially if you are interested in the Vietnam War.

PS: His seemingly endless supply of cold beers is the icing on the cake.

Date of experience: July 2013
1  Thank evanp665
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Hi travelers! I did a moterbike trip with Uncle Bill from Hue to Hoi An. It was an awesome ride! The day before I had done a tour around Hue with this company. (Which was also very good) During the lunch they told me about the tour from Hue to Hoi An. At first I was a bit skeptic because it was 48$. However in the end I agreed to do the tour for 40$.

The next morning we hit the road at 8.30pm. Bill is a funny guy to ride with. Allong the way he told me over and over that he wanted to marry the girls we passed by. If it was a young girl, he told me that I should marry her. Some people might not like the humor, but I loved it.

We had 5 stops. The first one was for coffee. Second one was at the visitor centre of some park. We didn't went in but it was nice. The third was awesome! We stopped at the Elephant Springs. There is a small waterfall; you can get a good swim there. It is fresh water, but I didn't get sick, yet... It is now 3 days ago, anaway I am writing that because of schistosomiasis. The fourth stop was at an old bunker, where we had some amazing views! The last one was for a noodle lunch.

Uncle Bill paid for all the food and the tickets. I had an amazing time! It is definitly worth your money.

ps: I actually already booked the bus of 1PM to Hoi An together with my friend for only 6$. He still took the bus and he had a bad time. The bus was overcrowded and also late at the hotel. I arrived at 3PM and I was rested and showered at the time he arrived..

Date of experience: July 2013
1  Thank martijnimhoff
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I only had one day for a tour so sadly couldn't do the spectacular route from Hoi An to Hue, so opted for the 1 day DMZ tour. I went with Kangaroo tours because they had good reviews and was extremely impressed with how these guys have grasped the concept of hospitality. It's the first time in 30 days in Vietnam that i've seen a tour operator that actually understand the true value of excellent customer service. They treated me like a king for the day. I rode with Uncle Bill who's a great guy, loads of experience from the war to talk about and is a really safe rider. He went the extra mile to try and get hold of some authentic American dog tags for me, had cold drinks on hand when we stopped and even bought me some DVD's with videos about the war. The best surprise of the day though, was when we finished I agreed to go for a couple of beers with them to say thank you to them. Bill pulled up on the street where Ty was sat with his family and a cooker full of food and a crate of cold beer. They made me feel like part of the family, fed me some of the best viatnamese food and plied me with beers until I had to go home. It was a really nice touch and extremely kind of them. If my girlfriend wasn't waiting for me I would have stayed drinking with these guys for hours. They really do go the extra mile to make sure you get value for money, not just another customer to make money from, they really will make you feel special and ensure you enjoy your trip! Book with these guys!!!! They are 100% genuine

Date of experience: June 2013