“Hue Vietnam tour”

Hue Freedom Riders - Day Tour
Ranked #30 of 145 Tours in Hue
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Looking for a fun, exciting yet safe way to travel and explore Vietnam? Try a trip with Hue Freedom Riders who have been providing quality tours for over 7 years. This is a chance to get off the typical tourist track and see Vietnam the way it is meant to be seen - from the back of a motorcycle! The drivers are safe, fun and friendly and you get to experience YOUR trip at YOUR pace - stop when and where YOU want to stop. Hue Freedom Riders give you exactly what you want - it's the best way to see the sights, learn the history and culture, sample the local fare and really enjoy everything Vietnam has to offer. Groups big and small can be accommodated, young or old (there have been children as young as 7 and adults as old as 80!). All of your luggage can be transported (there are numerous drivers, all of whom have been with the company for years). So hop on for the ride of a lifetime!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Hue Vietnam tour”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

After arriving in Hue, Vietnam (september 6th, 2013), I met Mr. Hieu. He offers tours throughout all Vietnam, together with his friend Mr. Tai. Together they run huefreedomriders, which takes you on an unforgettable tour through Vietnam on a motorbike.
Together with a friend of my, we decided to take a 3-day trip as we were only traveling for 15 days in Vietnam. We paid a small amount of money in advance, and payed the remaining cost the first day we met.

We started with an half day city tour around Hue and visited the Thien Mu pagode, next to the perfume river. This is the oldest of the town and looks awesome, with Chinese style in it. Behind the pagode lies the Thich Quan Duc, which is recommended to visit. After that we visited the Tu Duc Tom which are the bunkers made by Americans during the Vietnam war. Although you cannot enter the bunkers, the view is magnificent along the river.

We started heading to Vinh Moc, which houses the tunnels which were made by the Vietcong in 1966. I entered the tunnels and was surprised how people have been able to live here, for almost 6 years. The tunnels are very narrow, and the compartments in which they lived terribly small. I even met a old man who was born in the tunnels during that time. Their are 13 entrances, some of them are accessible for tourists. The tunnels are mad3e in 3 different layers, 12, 15, 23 meters. The deeper you get the smaller the tunnels become. It gave me such a good experience and insight how people must have lived here, amazing!

After a long day walking around, driving through rain, and visiting a lot of interesting places, we headed to the hotel which Mr. Hieu did book before the tour was started. The hotel was facing the beach, Cua Tung, a very quite and nice place to recover from a long and interesting day. The people that run this hotel are kind, and the food they made was typical Vietnamese which tasted very nice.

The next day we went to Ho Chi Minh Trail. We went traveling to the mountains by motorbike which gave beautiful views of the surroundings. We stopped several times, taking pictures of the best highlights during the tour. There was even a waterfall where you are able to swim.
In the afternoon we stopped at a local restaurant and had typical Vietnamese food, tasted very good and for very less money. After the lunch we went to 2 small villages where minority group of people live. I was able to look how they live, actually entered several houses, and met some people and a lot of children. After about an hour, we headed to the hotel in Prao. A very quite village which offered a good meal.

Third day will include visiting a valley, and after that visiting Danang. Later Ha Van Pass is scheduled to be visited, which has a marvelous view of both the beach and jungle! The trip will then continue to China Beach, to relax and do some shopping. Mabu Village will be visited afterwards. and the tour will end with a visit to Hoi Ann.

When meeting Mr. Hieu for the first time, I was a little skeptic to go on the back of a motorcycle traveling to Vietnam. I never did this before and prefer to schedule my own visits.
But after meeting him and his companion, and getting to know what they offer and reading all reviews of persons that they have been offering these tours for the past 9 years, I was becoming more and more interested in doing this tour.
When reading through some reviews, both in a day book and on TripAdvisor, I decided to book this tour and go for the adventure!
I must say I don't regret a single second doing this. The trip was amazing. I came along, visited and saw places you will not see when doing a tour on your own of by regular tour company. Mr. Hieu took me to the most beautiful places in central Vietnam. We drove around Hue, Danang and Hoi An, seeing beaches, mountains, forests, jungle, pretty much every part of nature Vietnam has to offer.
I didn't ride on a motorbike myself, nor was I ever in my life on the back of one but I enjoyed every minute. During the entire trip, I felt comfortable and safe as Mr. Hieu drove nice and smoothly. He speaks good English, understand the questions that I had and knows a lot of the surroundings. All was prepared very well. During the rains hey had ponchos ready, taken care of everything.

If you visit Vietnam, you definitely have to take a look at www.huefreedomriders.com
and see for yourself. It is a life time experience that you will never forget! I'm so happy that I did this tour, an excellent way of getting to know Vietnam at its best!

4 Thank Jeroen H

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Fantastic, great way to see Vietnam.”
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

Thank you Tai from Hue Freedom riders. I loved the 2 day trip from Hue to Hoi an. I should have done the 3 day.

It was a great trip and I saw a different side of Vietnam compared to the cities. Once out of Hue the road quietens down and the scenery is stunning. Regular breaks for photos, stretching and coffee were available. Tai knows the best places.

Tai is a great driver and I always felt safe. I was impressed by how concerned he was for my safety. He plans his rides to avoid any potential risky situations. By the second day I felt like I was just relaxing on a chair with the Ho chi min trail whistling by.

The hotel we stayed at was really nice and the dinner was sensational.

The trip was everything promised.

Thanks again Tai.

5 Thank Shane L
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“THIS WILL BE THE BEST THING YOU DO IN VIETNAM!!!!!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We have just finished a 3 day ride from Hue to Hoi An and I didn't want it to to end! We were planning on catching the train and riding with the Hue Freedom Riders turned out to be the best decision of our holiday! Mr Tai was our guide and is one of who best guys I have met anywhere! He looked after us in every way possible way, ensuring we were safe and comfortable. Tai knows Vietnam like the back of his hand and took us to places we would have had no way of seeing otherwise. His knowledge of the local history is profound and he is just a great guy to hang out with. The local home cooked food we ate on the way rivalled any we had on our holiday and Tai cooks a pretty mean omelette himself! It might seem a little daunting but DON'T BE SHY, RIDE WITH TAI!!! I would recommend booking directly with these guys, and 3 days at an absolute minimum. Any less and you will be left itching for more!!!

5 Thank Syyd
Melbourne
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Highlight of my holiday!!!”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I have just arrived in Hoi An from a 3 day trip with Hue Freedom Riders! It was honestly one of the best things I have ever done! Our guide Tai was amazing and I felt extremely safe with him! The bikes were comfortable and he knows the roads well! He brought us to some of the most beautiful places that we would not be able to experience otherwise! He had great knowledge of the history of Vietnam and the food was the best I have eaten after being in Vietnam for a week prior.
Be sure to book directly through Hue Freedom Riders and I recommend taking this tour for at least 3 days (and that still isn't enough)! I didn't want it to end and wish I had more time to go further!
100% recommend this, you will not regret it! Jaki from Melbourne.

5 Thank Jaki B
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Thankyou, Freedom Riders”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

My girlfriend and I did the day trip from Hue to Hoi An. To be honest, we were a little nervous to begin with, but once we hopped on to the comfortable bikes we felt we were in very safe hands. Do this instead of a bus or train, it is much more exciting and you see so much more. And it's a story to tell when you get home!
The Freedom Riders were very friendly, caring and funny and knowledgable of the area, and took us to an amazing seafood restaurant that only the locals know about.
Just do it LAMF.