“Hue to Hoi An: One Gorgeous Ride”

Hue Freedom Riders - Day Tour
Ranked #30 of 145 Tours in Hue
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Looking for a fun, exciting yet safe way to travel and explore Vietnam? Try a trip with Hue Freedom Riders who have been providing quality tours for over 7 years. This is a chance to get off the typical tourist track and see Vietnam the way it is meant to be seen - from the back of a motorcycle! The drivers are safe, fun and friendly and you get to experience YOUR trip at YOUR pace - stop when and where YOU want to stop. Hue Freedom Riders give you exactly what you want - it's the best way to see the sights, learn the history and culture, sample the local fare and really enjoy everything Vietnam has to offer. Groups big and small can be accommodated, young or old (there have been children as young as 7 and adults as old as 80!). All of your luggage can be transported (there are numerous drivers, all of whom have been with the company for years). So hop on for the ride of a lifetime!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Chiang Mai, Thailand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Hue to Hoi An: One Gorgeous Ride”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Hieu and Sanh took me on a stunning ride from Hue to Hoi An that was a welcome change from yet another tedious bus ride that would have by-passed the heart of the country. We drove through the most gorgeous landscapes that anyone going from city to city would only be able to see in postcards: the greenest fields, rice paddies and tea plantations, lush mountains, and tiny villages with smiling people and children laughing and waving at us as the bikes whizzed by. Hieu and Sanh were incredibly professional drivers, always ensuring my comfort and safety, and providing me with snacks and water the entire way. They booked me into a lovely hotel and made sure I had enough of the local fare to eat. My Freedom Rider experience was one I won't soon forget: definitely made my Top 5 in Asia list ^_^

Visited July 2012
3 Thank Lella S

Rotterdam, The Netherlands
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Freedom it í!”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Book your trip (f.e.) from Hue to Hoi An with these guýs!! They are funny, very coutious in trafic, book the best stops to rest, you see places you wơn't see when you use the train! A day like this feels like freedom, tôo bad they already had customers the next day, so I couldnt join them even more!!!

Visited July 2012
4 Thank Jo w
Melbourne
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“one of the best experiences in vietnam!!”
Reviewed June 23, 2012

I rode with these guys with another German guy from Hue to Hoi An, and we both agreed it was seriously one of the best things to go in Vietnam. My driver, Mr Tai, was so incredibly friendly and helpful, and took the time to explain things to us and show us some of the best spots. The other driver was great too!!

I couldn't recommend this enough. An awesome and fun way to see the country!! DO IT!!

Visited June 2012
4 Thank stefchek
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Awesome Experience”
Reviewed May 27, 2012

We booked our motorcycle tour with the Hue Freedom riders based on all the great TripAdvisor feedback and we were definitely not disappointed.

Mr. Tai and Mr. Top met us at our hotel the day before to introduce themselves and go over the route with us. It was clear from the start that they were professional, trustworthy, and basically great guys to go exploring with. We didn't know the area and had never been on motorcycles before, so this was a nice touch that really put us at ease about the tour.

The ride through the Ho Chi Minh trail and the Hai Van pass was simply amazing. Seeing it on the back of a motorcycle is an experience that cannot be matched in a car or a van or a bus. It was great to be taken around to the various sites and villages by guys who know the area intimately and were able to show us the real Vietnam.

Mr. Tai and Mr. Top were great riders and we felt safe with them at all times. The motorcycles are well maintained and are comfortable as well. The guys were always checking with us to make sure we were OK which was appreciated. We were lucky that we only got a bit of rain, but even then they were well prepared and had us covered with full rain suits.

We saw almost all of Vietnam during our travels, but this motorcycle tour was easily the highlight of the trip. We can't recommend a tour with the Hue Freedom RIders strongly enough.

Thanks again guys for an amazing experience!
P & L

Visited May 2012
3 Thank Paul S
Effretikon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Ho chi minh trail and minority people”
Reviewed May 27, 2012

I've met Tai in google hotel in Hue. He showed me pictures of his tour and a book with very good recomendations of swiss persons in german. So I've decided to book the tour of the "Ho chi minh trail" and visiting villages of the minority people.
This tour was the higlight of my vietnam travel. Tai could very goodexplain about the Vietnam war. and he showed me very beautiful places. At the the a take more than 300 good pictures.
Tai is responsible person and he drives carefully.
I have to say: "Tank you Tai!"
I can recommend him to everybody!

Visited May 2012