“The place for relaxing”
Review of Hong Thien Hotel 1

Hong Thien Hotel 1
Ranked #30 of 123 Hotels in Hue
Reviewed March 1, 2014

It is silent, clean, good located and got very professional and kind staff.
The receptionists are very concerned about your matters and take care a lot.
The pool gets cleaned every day, so the whole Hotel since the owner live there and take good care.
I can highly recommend this place if you want good quality for your money.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed February 22, 2014

We were talked into this hotel after we arrived tired from Hoi An. So we weren't that picky, but it turned out to be a fine hotel. There probably cheaper options, but this one is clean and has spacious rooms. The price is negotiable so make sure you don't book ahead. The breakfast is superb, beside the fact that it's until 9 o'clock. Which is sort of good because it makes wake up earlier to see the city. The location is good, being next to the place where the buses to and from Hoi An and Hanoi leave. Rent a bike there and cruise to the old citadel; Amazing! At the time we visited Hue it was pretty cold and the rooms too. No heater whatsoever. I guess that's the only thing we didn't like there.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights. The room had everything we needed and was clean, with a reasonably sized bathroom. Having read other reviews I can now fully appreciate some of the harsher comments. Everything was basic (which us what I expected a £10 per night), it was clean but smelled a little damp. Our breakfast was poor and the coffee undrinkable. Reception staff were very friendly but anxious to sell their tours but my biggest gripe was checking out. I booked via Booking.com and he tried to say I had only paid for one night and also tried to collect the $10 I had already paid to the taxi driver they had organised from the airport. It was sorted but I had all my paperwork printed off, which saved a lot of aggravation.

It is well located in Hue and the mini bar is very cheap. I would not visit again but it was fine for a few days. We needed a third night and they tried to send us to Hong Thien 2 but having seen that we paid another 10$ a night and stayed in a much nicer Hotel. You do get what you pay for.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Hong Thien 1 is a great value hotel on a cute side road in the centre of Hue. It is close to the Perfume River, Hue Citadel (20 minute walk or 10 minute cycle), and local bars, restaurants and shops. On arrival the receptionist told us that our room had been upgraded to a deluxe double, which was on the 5th floor of the hotel with dual aspect windows and views of Hue.

The hotel could do with a bit of a updating (bathrooms particularly) but for the price I cannot complain about any aspect of our stay. The hotel pool, bike hire and tour booking service make life a bit easier for the weary traveller (especially after a 14 hour overnight train from Hanoi!). If I were to visit Hue again I would stay at the Hong Thien 1 hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Small nice hotel with a very helpful and polite staff. Location of the hotel is good, close to most attractions. It has a nice pool, although didnt go there because of the weather.
The staff very helpful making you happy, helping with tour (reasonably priced) and everything.
Only minus, the cleaning at the rooms could be a little better. Every morning they didnt replace my towels and one day no toiletpaper. Small things, but still a bit anoying.
The rooms are average, but the price is low.
I would recommend this hotel for sure!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 20, 2014

It's clean and central, 20metres away from the street so very quiet comfy sleeps. The staffs are friendly and helpfull, and sings a lot. Very cute and homely. Did not try the hard sell for tours etc, just gave me a city map with what's available.

Sonny T,

Perth

Room Tip: Forget the room with a view as most of Vietnam is under construction or renovations so there alway m...