“Friendly, helpful and delightful” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of HueNino Hotel

HueNino Hotel
Ranked #7 of 123 Hotels in Hue
Hue, Vietnam
“Friendly, helpful and delightful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

A family of 4, we stayed 2 nights at this delightful mini hotel. They arranged a tomb tour and provided excellent recommendations on travel and dining. The hotel is excellently located off a quiet lane on the edge of the tourist strip: giving access to many services but the feeling of being away from things. We would come back here in a flash.

Room Tip: We had the family room, which has a double and a queen bed and a lovely view. Outside windows radica...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Pip N

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights in December.
All I can say is its a really great hotel. The staff are wonderful and the rooms are hip! Also fantastic water pressure for the showers.
I felt really safe here and had some of my best sleep in Vietnam.
The location can be a little intimidating down an alley but it makes the hotel really quiet.
The breakfast in the morning is nice and I heard the offer to anyone that didn't want noodles or soup the option on a more western breakfast (eggs).
Have no hesitation staying here.

• Stayed December 2013
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

I'll start by saying I'm a little torn in writing this review. I say that because the service is great and it makes me feel bad to write a negative review when in reality the staff have been nothing but helpful, they really did everything they could to improve out stay. Unfortunately, I feel that I need to give an honest review of what Huenino offers, rather than just one element (service).

My experience in a nutshell was thus: looked for good midrange hotel (nothing fancy) for my wife and I, found Huenino, impressed by the reviews it received, booked two nights.

This is what happened: After a warm welcome and check-in, we are taken up to our room to find something akin to a laundry - it is absolutely tiny, quite cold, a bit damp, and a bit dark. I'm not normally fussy when it comes to rooms, but this was something else. The beds didn't even have a sheet on them - the mattress itself has this thin cover that I suppose gets changed between customers. My wife and I were both cold at night as you only get one very thin blanket and there is no heating - disappointing from a hotel considering how cold it gets in Hue in winter. As for the bathroom - it's ridiculous. You are literally sitting on the toilet to have a shower. There is very poor ventilation so stuff stays perpetually damp.

Some final points in my review that may aid other fellow travellers:

1. Beware of inflated expectations. Huenino is not a "charming midrange hotel". It's a budget hotel bordering on a hostel. If that's your thing, great. If not, don't book Huenino. I can practically guarantee you will be disappointed.

2. There is likely a massive discrepancy in the quality of rooms. I refuse to believe any non-delusional person would stay in the room we did and give it 5 stars (which is what many reviewers have done). This leads me to believe some rooms are significantly better than others and perhaps we just got a bad one. Check the room first!

3. You get what you pay for (sort of). While Huenino is pretty cheap, an argument exists that suggests my experience is to be expected from a cheap room, we have stayed in other rooms elsewhere in Vietnam where $USD30 gets you a great double room. So from that point of view, I also think Huenino also offers poor value.

Huenino is not the worst hotel we've stayed in - far from it. It's just that it promises much and delivers little.

Room Tip: Check the rooms first and bring warms clothes to sleep in if travelling in winter
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank AidanGeorge
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

One should have no doubts about staying at Hotel Nino. Go for it.The rooms are simple yet well equipped. Specially loved the steaming hot water for the cold weather.It is very good value for money. The reception and breakfast place is nice and cosy and gives you a warm feeling. Great place to sip coffee and chat with the staff, who I have to mention are amazing. Always smiling and ever ready to help. They speak decent English and guide you well. They are courteous. We arrived at the hotel around 1030 am. They immediately offered us coffee and breakfast (though technically we had the booking from that afternoon,so the breakfast next day is rightfully ours). I had seen hotel people cringe at giving extra food but Nino staff were more than accommodating.I was very happy with the room and service. Special mention to Mr.Quy who drove us from Hue to Hoi An. He shared Vietnam tales with us through out the journey and been a good guide too :) Nice man. The hotel is in a nice peaceful alley off the Ngyuen Cong Tru road. I would undoubtedly go back to Nino if I ever go back to Hue again. Thanks guys for making our stay hassle-free and pleasent!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia , PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

Thanks to Trip Advisor, I came across this gem of a hotel a year ago, and have stayed with them numerous times now. Overall, I am happy to say that Hue Nino Hotel just gets better and better with each and every visit. As I have stayed with them for many nights and on many occasions, they treat me extremely well, and they'll do the same for you.

Located on a quiet alley off a quiet back lane, Nino offers something that many hotels can't -- peace and tranquiilty. Coming from noisy Hanoi or chaotic Ho Chi Minh City ? You will LOVE the peacefulness of this hotel. Before you even walk in the door, the incredible staff will know a bit about you, including your name, how long your stay will be, where you came from, and how you arrived in Hue.

I wish I could name every single one of the fine people that works at Nino, but let me just start with two -- My My and Kim. Chances are your first contact with Nino by phone or through email, will be with these two incredible young ladies. They will answer your reservation or information request thoughtfully, honestly, and quickly. They will welcome you to Nino, and make you feel quickly at home.

Check in with with My My, Kim, or the rest of the incredible staff is a breeze, and they will welcome you with some fresh fruit and fresh squeezed juice, hot coffee or tea, and make you feel quickly at home. Kim and My My and the other fantastic staff members will get you settled in quickly, assist with your luggage being taken to your room, and will patiently and thoroughly answer any and all questions that you could possibly have about your stay in Hue.

Most all of the staff is bilingual, speaking fluent Vietnamese and excellent English in many cases. Several staff members also speak French, and will assist French speaking guests easily and honestly.

I simply can't say enough about the friendly and welcoming staff, and if you are lucky enough to have more than a day or two in Hue, they will start to 'adopt' you as a Nino family member, and will help you feel even more at home, if that is possible.

The hotel itself is spotless, charming, and beautifully taken care of each day by the housekeeping staff. One of the many things that I love about Nino is the size of the place. It is small and cozy, which allows the housekeepers, night time crew, and front desk staff to get to know you. They will be happy to assist you with your stay in Hue, and will also assist you with onward travel arrangements to places near and far.

All of the rooms that I have stayed in were marvelous. Cozy, well decorated, with frosty cold air conditioning and steamy hot water 24 hours a day. Comfy beds, with cloud soft sheets and whisper soft blankets will welcome you each night of your stay. In room fridge included, with a nice flat panel TV with cable package included. As stated, the housekeeping staff will take care of you and your room, and should you need some small thing during your stay, all you need to do is ask, and your needs will be answered.

A delicious cooked breakfast will greet you each morning, as will the smiling faces of My My, Kim, Tam, Trang, and Brother Quy to get you started and ready to explore Hue and the surrounding area. Again, apologies for not naming everyone!

Finally, I'd like to personally thank each and every staff member of this incredible hotel for taking good care of me, and all the other guests fortunate enough to walk through their doors. I simply cannot wait to get back to Hue and stay with them again. I always enjoy my time spent with them, you will too.

Room Tip: I have often stayed in Room 203 at the top of the stairs. It's got a wonderful picture window fi...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Bucharest
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

We stayed at HueNino twice during our trip in Vietnam.
The moment we stepped inside, we felt it was special. HueNino is so much more than a hotel: it is a house with its own, strong, absolutely charming character. Extremely cosy, quiet, clean, beautiful and full of surprises in design and details. We had the honour to have lunch with Mr. Thang, the owner, and we were amazed to find out that he himself makes the furniture - we thought it was vintage. (By the way, no 2 rooms look the same). Food is home-made. It's also easy to love the people there. We were totally under HueNino's spell. It is by far the place where we felt best during our 3-weeks trip.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank igheorghita
Fredrikstad, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

This small, charming hotel is like balm to your soul. Quiet, friendly, happy staff, great service and you feel like you are family. Rooms are clean and nicely decorated with oil paintings. They always have a surprise for you at Huenino's. A cup of tea and some homemade cookies, a friendly chat and soft music in the lobby make the experience great. Book well ahead to get your Huenino adventure.

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo