HueNino Hotel
Very Good 4/5
Good 3.5/5
Average 3/5
1,179 results
All reviewshue ninopassion fruit jamrooms are smalltucked awaynoodlesquiet alleybudget hotellovely stafffree breakfastquiet locationno elevatortrain ticketsonward travelnight traindouble roomexcellent value for moneynice breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 21, 2012

This was one of my favourite hotels during my whole month-long trip in Vietnam. We arrived in Hue after a morning train ride, and as soon as we got to the hotel we were sat down and given tea and breakfast, which we weren't expecting as we arrived late in the morning around 11.30 - second breakfast is always a good thing in my book! The staff were so helpful about everything, from answering our questions to helping us with issues booking flights, and they were always friendly. The hotel is quite small but has a really friendly cosy feel to it, with a nice communal area with comfy chairs and free internet on the computers. Whenever we came back from the town (the location is pretty good, not too much of a walk to the main sights) we were brought fresh juice which was lovely! Our room was quite small and rather bizarrely had a glass bathroom door so you could see into the bathroom, which was a bit weird, but other than that I couldn't recommend this place highly enough - it's a real home away from home! Plus the passionfruit jam at breakfast is delicious! I couldn't believe how low the price was for this place too - I think we only paid something like 15USD per night. Best value hotel in Vietnam!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 20, 2012

It was a late review for HueNino but I could still remember that it was my best stay during my backpack trip in Vietnam! The staff were warm and friendly and they recommended the tourist sights patiently to us during our short stay in Hue. The room which they arranged was spacious and clean. The pricing was affordable as well.

During our last day in Hue, they also helped to arrange for car transport for us to travel to Danang as we could not get our train tickets on time. I still remember that I accidentally broke their glass during one of meals and I felt so apologetic but the gals still attended to the mess with a smile on their faces! I wanted to pay for the broken glass but they insisted not to.

I would definitely recommend this place to everyone and I would stay here again if I return back to Hue in future! :)

Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 15, 2012

The Ninohotel was AMAZING. We stayed 2 nights and if we didn't had to, we would still be there. We were welcomed with smiles, so friendly!! The staff is so nice, they will help you with everything.
I never had a service like that. The hotel gave us a warm feeling and felt just as home.
The only thing we would change is the shower, just because we're to tall :-)
Stay there and enjoy!!

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

This was by far the best hotel we had on our trip through Vietnam. We arrived after a very "special" 12h-trip with the night train from Hanoi. The staff of HueNino was very kind and friendly and interested in the stories of theier guests. Renting a motorcycle was very easy through the help of the hotel staff. The selfmade jam which was served for breakfast was delicious.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 12, 2012

My partner and I stayed at HueNino for three nights and it was the best hotel we stayed in during our trip in Vietnam!

This really is a hotel with a personality of its own from the quirky decor and art work adorning every wall in the reception breakfast room to the lovely furniture in the rooms.

The staff were truly exceptional, they honestly could not have done anything more to make our stay better. They were so friendly and helpful from the moment we got there, every time we returned there would be a fresh drink made for us with a plate of delicious fruit and conversation about how our day had been.

The breakfast was fantastic, lovely omelettes fruit juice, and toast with passion fruit jam. On our final day we decided to stay in the room until just before check out as our train was not until later in the afternoon, not expecting breakfast as we had missed the usual 10:00 am cut off most hotels have. Instead we were given a tasty bowl of noodle soup, fruit and toast and jam. The staff even offered to whip us up an omelette if we didn't like the noodles (needless to say they were great so we didn't accept this offer but it was very sweet of them to ask!).

We also arranged two trips via the hotels, firstly a driver to take us to two of the tombs and then a trip to the DMZ.

The driver for the tombs was excellent, he was really funny and informative and his car was lovely. For the driver for the full morning it was around $30 which we felt was good value.

We didn't really enjoy the DMZ trip but this was partly our own fault for not really looking into what it involved as we seemed to spend the majority of the 12 hours driving around in a cramped mini bus. The driver was also questionable as he was falling asleep at the wheel and there were a few hairy moments. On the plus side, the Vinh Moc tunnels were excellent and we really enjoyed this aspect of the trip. If it is the tunnels that you're looking to visit it would probably be worth pricing up a driver via the hotel instead to go directly there.

This hotel really deserves the excellent reviews it has on Tripadvisor and the 'Travellers Choice Award', it is fantastic value for money and if we ever return to Hue we would definitely stay here again. Thanks for a wonderful visit!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple