“Absolute gem!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 122 Hotels in Hue
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Absolute gem!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

OK, this is my first night here (using their internet to writre this review - FREE of course) and I am blown away by the hospitality. With fantastic email communication before I even arrived from MyMy, I was greeted with a fantastic smile from Kim-An and An. No to mention a drink, quick fried egg, and some jam on toast..... I haven't even seen my room at this point.

My room is on the 3rd and top floor (wide stairs, but when it's hot like this the stairwell acts like a convection oven) - so I dive into my room, A/C blasting cold air already). Being a solo traveller, this was perfect for me, but I agree with previous posts, that you had better know each other well if you are sharing (but to be fair, the bed is more than half the size of the room and ridiculously comfy!). The decor and cleanliness are outstanding and really high end for what I am paying for (~$18 per night)

Now... the shower! I am 6ft5in (1.96m) tall and therefore usually a good barometer for ease of access.... the shower is ridiculous.... it is no bigger than a plant trough; God only knows why they didn't make this a wet-room, like most other showers in Vietnam.

I will give this review 5 stars, but he shower just lets it down so really a 4.5.

Room Tip: 8 rooms in total so always book ahead, and ask for a preference - there are only 2 standard double r...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2012

We booked this place based on Tripadvisor comments, even though we have never stayed at a hotel which was priced as low as 25$. As it was just 1 night, decided to take a chance & would now recommend this 200% to all travellers. The welcome and little gestures are priceless - fresh fruit juice and fruits whenever you return to the hotel, excellent sight seeing support, very interesting decor, though rooms are small.
It is quite well located - just 5 minutes to walk to riverside with good retaurants around. At 25$ it is unbelievably good. Dont doubt - just go for it.

2 Thank Sanjika
Erie, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2012

Huenino was the best hotel I stayed at during my whole SE Asia trip. First, the cleanliness can not be beaten. The rooms and bathrooms (even public one in the lobby) is toothbrush in a crevice clean. The details that make a place home have been thought through- quality linens, art work, books, a little bedside rug so your feet aren't cold when you get out of bed. Finally, they truly understand the meaning of hospitality: no nickle and diming on small and not so small services; they returned my train ticket to Hanoi and exchanged it for one to Danang and bought me a simcard top-up without adding a service charge. The staff also offered me a ride to the train station and didn't ask for any money (I insisted on paying the market rate.) On top of that, every time you walk in the door you are offered a cold drink and snack just as you would be in any Asian home. Oh and they are very honest- they use the actual exchange rate if you pay in VN Dong. It was one only of two hotels I stayed at in Vietnam that did and I greatly appreciated it. I really believe this hotel should open a consulting company to teach other guest houses/small hotels how it should be done. One recommendation: The rooms are small, so it's best to share only if you are a couple or good friends.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Yasmin M
limerick
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2012 via mobile

Nino has the friendliest, most genuine staff of any guesthouse we have ever been. When you walk in the door, they take your bags, give u a glass of juice and make you feel right at home. They are so honest and helpful. The place itself is lovely, good location thats just in a bit from the street, cozy rooms with character, fast internet and a 5 star breakfast (the pineapple and passionfruit jams were superb). Would really recommend hue nino hotel

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Ballarat, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2012 via mobile

I loved this hotel the most of all I stayed at during my trip to Vietnam the rooms may be small but so comfortable good breakfast Hot shower.
the owner and the staff go the extra mile to ensure the guests have a great stay I would definitely stay again no hesitation and would recommend it to anyone

• Stayed April 2012
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012

The service at Nino is just unbelievable, they really can't seem to do enough for you. When we arrived, they immediately served us a free lunch while they took our bags to the room. The rooms are lovely with good ammenities and the location is nice and peaceful, away from the noisy traffic. We stayed 2 nights and this was by far the best hostel we stayed in in Vietnam. We also can't thank them enough for helping to restore my husband's wedding ring to him, which we left in the room when we travelled to Hanoi.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2012

For my style and taste, Nino is the perfect choice while in Hue. The rooms are small, but completely clean, functional, quaint, and with no problems (as in hot water, bugs, malfunctioning air con, etc). The value is undeniably off the scale (you get more that your money's worth). I couldn't believe how quietly and efficiently accommodating the staff was ... everything from email correspondence, changing plans (my part), check-in, making restaurant suggestions and reservations, cab arrangements, Hue-Da Nang private car arrangements, etc) were just great ... no fanfare, just effective and friendly service.

An example ... breakfast is the traditional noodle soup (Pho?) I loved it, but my wife wasn't prepared for soup in the morning, so she didn't eat much of hers. They queried and offered to prepare something else, but we were in a rush and politely declined. The next morning we had an early morning departure and the staff woke up early to prepare us a going away meal (5:30AM). Eggs and toast were prepared without us saying anything at all (they took note of the previous day) ... little things that show me how attentive and accommodating HueNino really is. (by the way, for those that don't like sugar in your coffee, be aware the Vietnamese think it unnatural not to have condensed / sweet milk in coffee ... so let them know your preference)

Besides above, the location is very handy and close to restaurants and walking areas. The hotel is down a neighborhood alley and lets you see a quieter side of Hue. Many thanks to Kim for coordinating, but really to everyone ... especially the lady and gentleman that got up early to send us off ...

Room Tip: Room 301 was "higher end", still on the small size, but completely adequate. The beds are...