“Deserves the No.1 Spot! Unique, quirky, great service, amazing value!”
Review of HueNino Hotel

HueNino Hotel
Ranked #6 of 122 Hotels in Hue
Reviewed October 22, 2011

We stayed at the Hue Nino Hotel for 2 nights from the 6th to the 8th of October. This was booked through Agoda.com.

We stayed here as part of a 3 week holiday travelling across Vietnam where we stayed in a variety of hotels of differing prices which were all very nice. This was probably our favourite hotels of the trip, and without a doubt the best value.

The staff were fantastic. As soon as we arrived, we were greeted with a welcome drink and toast and eggs before being shown to our room. Throughout the stay the staff were attentive, very friendly and extremely helpful.

The room was fantastic. A stylish and eclectic mix of decor which gave a really warm and homely feel. The bed was comfortable and the minibar was well stocked at super cheap prices which was very convenient. The bathroom was equally as lovely with a powerful and hot shower.

The hotel is quite compact, but the owners have made great use of the space, which includes areas to sit, read and relax on the landing areas. There is free WIFI in the rooms and computer access in the lobby.

Breakfast is served in the lobby areas around comfy chairs and a few small tables. This is either toast, eggs or Pho which was very nice. Different types of fruit juice were served each day. Apart from breakfast, we didn't eat in the hotel but food was available at a good price if you wanted.

The hotel location is also pretty perfect too. It is on a quiet back alley with a few other hotels, and there are many many bars and restaurants within walking distance.

I cannot commend the staff and owners enough for getting such a wonderful balance of value and quality. They clearly take pride in running this as a business.

I recommend this hotel to anyone!!

Vicky

1  Thank Vicky_H66

Reviewed October 21, 2011

This was by far the best hotel in my stay in Vietnam. We arrived after a long train Journey and greeted warmly with fresh juice and Breakfast. Everyone there is just so great!!! The rooms are a very good quality for the price and everything works better than in most hotels I stayed in. I really can not imagine a better hotel to stay in when visiting in Hue..

2  Thank Dtokay
Reviewed October 19, 2011

the hue nino repeatedly made our jaws drop over the course of our two-day stay. they warmly greeted us with a delicious complimentary breakfast and early check-in (and freshly picked flowers on our bed - we told them it was our honeymoon)! the room and bathroom are easily the nicest we've stayed in our entire trip. the bed is huge and comfortable. the staff is sweet and helpful. when we returned in the afternoon from a self-guided bike tour of the city, they handed us mango smoothies, and when we woke up the following morning, not one but two of the other guests were given elaborately decorated birthday cakes! staying at the nino will be the best decision of your trip.

Room Tip: not room 101 - close to lobby
2  Thank Blochbaron
Reviewed October 18, 2011

100% lives up to reviews. I enjoyed my time even though it rained almost the entire time that I was in Hue, I arrived at around 3 and was served breakfast, as well as a drink to make my throat feel better (they knew I was sick as I had delayed my travel to Hue by a day because of t - which was absolutely no problem for them).
The two computers in the lobby run very well, and they offer tea and drinks while you are down there (free of charge), a few times they had some nice vietnamese candy as well.
My room was $15, it was small, but very very clean. I have been in places a lot more expensive that were not half as clean.
Thank you to Loan and Mi Mi who made my stay in Hue enjoyable even though the weather was quite bad :)

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank LankaLove
Reviewed October 10, 2011

The Nino hotel in Hue is really an excellent place to stay and I fully recommend it to anyone!

We only stayed at the hotel for one night but they really made an impression on my husband an I. We arrived after a long night train and were greeted with a hearty breakfast (you HAVE to try their passionfruit jam it is unbelievably delicious) and then we checked into our room.

The room was one of their more expensive rooms ($23 per night) and was really lovely. It had a big bed, not two pushed together, bath, TV, hairdryer, and even a stationery pot with a stapler in it, so I used this to staple all my tickets and receipts into my journal.

The staff are all really attentive without being in your face all the time. They did our laundry for us for 30,000 VND per kilo and had it washed, dried and pressed in our room before nightfall. They also went to the train station for us to book our train tickets for the following day with no charge.

On the day we left, we had to hang around in reception because of the rain. They provided us with cakes and tea and really looked after us.

I would thoroughly recommend this hotel for your stay in Hue. There are cheaper rooms available than the $23 rooms, I think as low as $15 for a double. The rooms might get smaller, but the service will still be excellent.

3  Thank Lauren M
Reviewed October 10, 2011

Most hotels rating at top of this list are 5 star places offering every amenity for a price. Anyone can afford HueNino it's a small family run place on a back alley, but incredible value for money. While my room was not large, I loved the dark carved wood furniture (which matched!), there were enough nooks and crannies to hang up my clothes and hide my suitcase, and I particularly appreciated the lovely lamps for reading after staying at places with bright fluorescents. Everything you could want in a hotel room was provided including a power adaptor, pens and paper, hair dryer and clothes brush. As other reviewers have said, the hotel's greatest asset is it's wonderful, warm staff, all fluent English speakers, who were helpful and kind without being pushy.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank radames
Reviewed October 10, 2011

I stayed there in July 2011, and the people in the hotel were friendly and warm. They do go out of their way to make one feel comfortable. The lady boss there,a sweet petite gal, was also very thoughtful. By good fortune we also met the owner of the hotel, who brought us to look for stuff on one of the nights. which was purely on impulse. :) The room, though a tad small, was sufficient, and my friend and I had a lovely time at Hue, largely due to Hue Nino. The furnishings of the hotel were full of stuff i loved. We travelled to Hoi An after Hue, and felt the severe lack of warmth & hospitality which brought us back rudely down to Earth. :(

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends