“clean room, great price, awesome location”
Review of Ngoc Binh Hotel

Ngoc Binh Hotel
Ranked #36 of 125 Hotels in Hue
Reviewed April 15, 2013

When I first arrived to the hotel, the man at the front desk helped me to my room and said, "sleep now, pay later." I had just gotten off an overnight bus, one of the worst experiences ever.

When I woke up, I went downstairs and he knew exactly what to set me up with. I signed up for the $8 citadel tour and the $18 dmz tour. I also grabbed a $5 bus ride to hoi an with the hotel. The tours ended up being great! There's not a lot to do in Hue other than those two tours.

The room itself was very clean and spacious. I paid $10 a night including breakfast. The fridge and tv were a bit shabby, but there was plenty of hot water and clean sheets. It's not luxurious, but provides the basics for a couple of nights. The staff is really helpful and even let me use the stove downstairs. There's no microwave in the room ( I don't even think there was one in the kitchen). There's no elevator and try to get a room away from the common areas. You don't want to be kept up late at night just in case someone decides to have an impromptu rave outside your door.

Most importantly, this place is in a great location, meters away from great restaurants. You should try the Indian restaurant at the corner! Awesome curry and naan. Hotel is located at the back of a quaint little alley, away from the craziness of the main streets.

Overall, this was a great experience! To all the Americans out there, I highly recommend the dmz tour!!! You will tour the khe sanh battle grounds and walk through the man made housing tunnels. Very interesting! Be forewarned, however, it takes a couple of hours just to get to the tunnels. It's an all day affair

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank scuellar1

Reviewed April 7, 2013

The Ngoc Binh is a nice family run hotel in the backpacker area of Hue. We arrived into Hue on the bus from Hoi An, and were greeted by a hotel representative who escorted us to the hotel which we thought was great service. The reception staff were friendly and spoke good English. Our luggage was taken to our room which was on the second floor, The room itself was bright and clean with an ensuite bathroom. Breakfast was included and had a number of different choices. We had the cheese omelette with bread was was delicious. The hotel is in a great location for getting around Hue, and there are several good, cheap restaurants close by such as Nina's Cafe and Mandarin Cafe. All in all a great budget option ($10 per night), with lovely staff and excellent service. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nigel H
Reviewed April 6, 2013

The hotel staff were so great because I had left my Kindle behind, and when I called them, they had found it and sent it on the next bus to meet me in Hanoi! They were so nice and helpful in doing that. They also knew us by name after checking in and made sure we had everything we needed and that our bus tickets were booked as soon as we needed them.

The rooms here were fine.. basic but everything you need including hot water and a/c. The cable TV didn't come in well, and the internet didn't work when we first arrived but as soon as I mentioned this to the staff, they fixed the problem. They were very attentive.

The only negatives about our room was that it was on a high floor.. quite a hike to get there. And also the shower head was at chest level so you had to use the handheld shower to get your hair cleaned.

The location is perfect... walking distance to bars and restaurans and the river. You could walk to Imperial city also, but we rented a moto to go there.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 1ERomi
Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

For the price this hotel is great! The staff were lovely and always willing to help. There is wifi on every floor and was a good connection. For breakfast you also get a choice of a few options. Not far from night market and Citadel. Nothing bad to say!

The tour of the tombs booked through them was good too.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed February 14, 2013

As we got off the bus from Hoi An a representative from the Hotel asked if we wanted to have a look at a double room for $10 including breakfast, normally we don't go with touts but we'd seen all the positive reviews on Trip and thought we would at least have a look.

They paid for our taxi and stored our bags while the room was cleared from the previous guest. We went across the road to Liberty for a really cheap and filling breakfast before coming back to our room (they helped to carry the bags up for us).

The room had a soft double bed with separate hot shower room, fridge, TV (although we couldn't get a clear channel), free wi-fi (but the signal was a bit shifty) and was very clean.

They provided us with a free map and told us about the local sights and we booked the DMZ tour with them and when we came back our room had been cleaned (which is not the norm for $10 accommodation).

They were really friendly and also helped to arrange a private car to the airport for us for $12.

Sadly we didn't get a chance to try the included breakfast as we were always out and about really early! All in all a lovely hotel, fantastic staff and very good value for money :)

Room Tip: We had a room on the third floor which faced the main street, we didn't notice it being noisy an...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Tuan and his family were unreal!
Stayed for 3 nights over Vietnamese new year. Room is spacious and clean, even a soft mattress. great value for money!
The family even invited my girlfriend and myself to have New Year's Eve dinner with them!!!
Breakfast was amazing, omelettes were spot on!
Best of all was that some of the cheapest restaurants are literally on your doorstep.
Also booked a dmz tour through them.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

We stayed over tet and the staff could not have been more accommodating!!! The room was cheap and it is surrounded by most of the best rated places to eat on TA! The family that run the place invited us and other guests for their new year dinner (like Christmas dinner Vietnam style) and supplied all the drinks aswell! Everyone is very friendly and we also did the dmz tour for a great price through the hotel! All in all best value, atmosphere, location and staff that I have encounted on my Vietnam trip thus far!!! Cannot recommend staying here enough!!

• Stayed: February 2013