“The highlight of my stay in Vietnam”

Hue Easy Rider - Day Tours
Ranked #3 of 149 Tours in Hue
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I had to do a lot of research to make the journey from Hoi An to Hue on a motorbike. There seems to be an Easy Riders in most cities. I was not impressed with the one in Hoi An. They wanted a deposit and contract and I couldn't help but think that this was a way of making sure I didn't have a chance to check the prices out and was about to be ripped off.
I read the reviews of Hue riders on TA and was impressed. I called their office and was told that one of their riders was bringing someone down the day before I intended to leave and it would be fine to take me back the next day.
It was then, that I met Nho. He came to the hotel and we settled on a price and time and he was at the hotel at 9.am sharp the following morning. The trip took about 8 hours with lots of stops on the way. The Hai Van pass was amazing as was the lunch we had at the small fishing village in the lagoon area at the other end of the pass. We stopped at waterfalls where the locals go to bathe, explored the farming and fishing communities. Enjoyed one of those wonderful Vietnamese iced coffees near the top of the pass. All in all, it was a wonderful experience and one of the highlights of my stay in Vietnam.
I would like to add that Nho, my guide was like a window into the life of Vietnamese people. His English was good and he was very knowledgeable about all aspects of life. Not only did I gain insights about the history and geography of the landscape we drove through but also learnt so much about him and his family and their experiences during the war. He can tell you about anything you might be interested in. We're not just talking about the fun of a motorbike ride, here, but also an opportunity to see into the lives of people through their own personal experience. The price was $45 but I left him a generous tip and arranged to do the Hue city tour as well with him the following day which was also great and I drove my own scooter on this shorter trip.
Don't miss out on this opportunity if you are looking for a motorbike tour of Hue or a transfer between Hoi An and Hue or vice versa. I promised to return one day with more time to do the DMZ and Ho Chi Minh trails!! And I will!

There are newer reviews for Hue Easy Rider - Day Tours

Reviewed May 25, 2013

On a recent SE Asia trip we had booked a day trip on the back of Hue Riders motorbikes up over the pass like Clarkson&Co. My wife and I are well into our sixth decade and she had never been on a motorbike before.We had such a blast that we hired Tam and his brother for another 3 days. He took us to the most inaccessible places you could imagine ,shortcuts across paddy fields,mountain villages and parts of the Ho Chi Min trail we would never have seen AND sorted out local eateries and stopovers. The only real way to see real Vietnam. Well done Tam and Hue Riders. The office crew is led by Sarah a really organised and helpful Aussie.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

We had to travel from Hoi An to Hue during the middle of our Vietnam tour, and the only way you should do this is on the back of a motorbike!

The trip was great fun, with amazing views from the cloudy pass overlooking Da Nang to the refreshing stop at the Elephant Pools (very welcome in 40 degrees!). The riders we had were great guys, with great local knowledge. They took us to some nice stops along the way, including some really nice local seafood cuisine, we felt very well looked after. Couldn't recommend it enough!

Reviewed May 11, 2013

I went from Hue to Hoi An. It cost $45. My driver was Mr Tu and he was great. I contacted him via email and he came to my hotel the day before to go over any questions I had. He arrived on the day at 8am as planned. He wrapped my rucksack in a waterproof bag just in case, even though no rain was forecast. The bike itself was comfortable but in any case we made several stops so I could stretch my legs. Mr Tu speaks good English and is a very safe driver. I felt completely comfortable the whole way. I would recommend Mr Tu. His email is tuguidehue_motor@yahoo.com.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

My daughter and I used Nho and his colleague to take us from Hue to Hoi An. What an amazing experience. Nho was very informative and made sure we saw the best of the people, the landscape and the food on the way. Our lunch at a small fishing village was amazing - Nho handpicked the fresh shrimp and mussels. And the ride over Van Hai Pass. Exhilarating - no matter what the weather. Don't miss this great opportunity. Comfortable, safe and a driver with a lot of knowledge and sense of humour. Took about 8 hours.