“Fixture”
Review of DMZ Hotel

DMZ Hotel
Ranked #54 of 125 Hotels in Hue
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

I have been traveling to Hue for last 5 years. This place appears to be a local fixture and magnet in backpackers district. Location is great with many outdoor tables on corner intersection; indoor bar w multiple tvs too. Wait staff very attentive and friendly. Many options for beers and drinks. Food is nothing special; pretty typical western bar fare. Music good. Wifi available . Very fun place to hang out. Will be back next time I swing through Hue.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Leo15

Reviewed March 27, 2014

good clean big cheap rooms i stayed here for 4 weeks and they gave me a spiecal price becuase i was a long termer the hotel is well located near bars restruants the staff are friendly and always greet you and have a nice smile when you walk in

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank hamish_537
Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

Good clean rooms bata for price great friendly staff very helpfull good location see Ngoc very helpfull good information reasonable english our room was a good size with balcony overlooking street with glimpses of river.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Barbara J
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Stayed here for 3 days in January 2014. Hotel is reasonably priced, well located near all the restaurants and bars in Hué, staff are courteous and not tour pushy. They arranged a tour and onward travel to Hoi-an. They also offered a very reasonably priced laundry service
The hotel though is very dated and rooms in need of a refurb. My room 101 had a faint stink of cigarette smoke from it, a bit on the damp side and poorly lit. Some of the light bulbs in the bathroom were blown. Room not very well soundproofed and street noise was a problem from 6am onwards. Free wifi was provided, but the room also had an old computer which I didn't use. Overall, fine for a short stay, but there's better around for the same money.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms facing the street outside due to noise
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Philip771
dmzhotelmanager, General Manager at DMZ Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Dear Philip Griffin
I would like to thank you for choosing DMZ hotel during your recent visit to Hue and for posting your comments on Trip Advisor as it provides us with direct feedback that we can improve our product and service.

Being a Manager, I apologized for what make you not satisfied during your staying here, you know we're trying our best to bring the best care to all guests who coming staying with us so we have made a big renovation for all rooms in the hotel and make sure it will not happen again, we have a change clearly day by day to meet yours and people's expectation. It's is great to hear that you have placed specific positive feedback upon the hotel services and our staffs. Kindly accept our gratitude for being understanding.

Finally, we hope the experience will not alter your confidence in DMZ hotel and that please give us the opportunity of welcoming you again to see how different we are.
Warmest Regards,
Kham Nguyen, Mr

Reviewed March 21, 2014

Upon arrival at this hotel, I had an unfortunate incident with a taxi driver who ripped me off. The man behind the desk who I later found out was the owner of the hotel, called the company of the taxi driver and we worked it out. Than I received my second surprise of the day: the hotel could not fulfill my booking, The hotel was overbooked. I was put in another hotel for the day which was not as good as the DMZ. But both the manager and hotel owner went out of their way to carry my bags and offered me their apologies. To make up for this unpleasant event, the owner took me by car to my next destination, Hoi An which was about 30 minutes by car. On the way, the owner who spoke excellent English told me about his life and lots of info. on Vietnam. I realized how difficult it is to run a hotel, and it is not easy by any stretch on the imagination. I will remember DMZ hotel most not for the friendly staff or quiet/spacious rooms which I stayed in later for two nights-but the kindness of the owner of the hotel ( a certain Mr. Lee).

Room Tip: Get a room facing the river. You can see the sky line of Hue.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

Superion option for travelers with low budget and great expectations :-)
Clean big rooms, friendly and helpful staff, good breakfast, great location :-)

We were also given a voucher for 10% discount in DMZ bar located nearby - also recommended (was getting sick of eating vietnamese food all the time and this was a great opportunity for me to have some western food - finally) :-) of course, they serve vietnamese cuisine, too.
Recommended!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jithuzska
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Arrived here from Phng Nha Farmstay, who recommended it. Close enough to the backpacker area without being in it. Reasonable rate to hire a motorbike (Manual 100,000 VND per day) too. The rooms were clean, large with good wifi. They were happy to negotiate a price for the rooms as I wanted a cheaper one but they didn't have any on the first night. Gave me a suite for $25 and changed to a cheaper room the second night. Good value, enthusiastic, friendly staff. Can't say fairer than that. They even sent me an email thanking me for my stay and wishing me a good onward journey.

Room Tip: Suites have a balcony and you can see the river.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business