DMZ Hotel
  • Restaurant
Very Good 4/5
Great 4.5/5
  • Pool
All reviewsthe rivercomfortable bedsair conhotel offersgreat value for moneyvisited huelocal marketfree breakfastrecommend this hotelstayed here for one nightthe room was nicephong nhadong ba marketbackpacker areaexcellent locationhotel is greatlovely staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 29, 2012

I stayed one night in the DMZ hotel in Hue and enjoyed it very much. The rooms and beds are comfortable, though the bathroom concept is a bit strange. :)

We were picked up at the train station by one of the staff members. Our train had a 1 hour 40 minute delay and this man came at 7 and again at 8. When we got there, he rushed in to grab some umbrellas even though we only had to cross the street. The other members of staff were also as kind and thoughtful.

That night we went down the street to a local restaurant fed 7 very hungry people for $15. When we were done, we noticed the streets were abandoned, just like Lonely P
lanet had foretold. Everybody's asleep by 10pm.

The room was comfortable and very pretty. We were in a 3-person room and watched some TV before falling asleep. The weather here really is ever-changing and I was woken in the middle of the night by a torrentual downpour, but the rest of the night I heard no noises from other rooms nor from any hotels/hostels next door even with the window open. Now on to the bathroom, in this room it was weird, but I got used to it fairly quickly. Almost the entire wall facing the room, sans shower area, was made of glass. You could pull down a curtain while in use. My brother found this very enjoyable since it allowed him to continue watching TV...

Breakfast: I decided to get out of bed at 9 to eat breakfast, long after the rest of my group had left. There is a nice selection of food and drink (1 of each is free with the room fare).

Due to my sickness, I ended up not heading out to the citadel with the others. Therefore I can't talk about the local and tourist experiences.

Room Tip: 301 had a balcony and overlooks the street in the front. It's a queen size bed I believe. Nice and sunny (when there actually is sun).
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Caron S
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We had no reservation when we arrived in Hue, but our Taxi Driver gave us a recommadation for the DMZ Hotel. And what to say,no REGRETS!!! Really a nice and clean Hotel and OVER ALL, the most helpfull and friendliest staff we ever had during our whole travel for the last 2 months. Whatever you need, the try to make it possilbe. And everyone has a very good ENGLISH. So we can recommend it without any doubt to everyone!!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 25, 2012

This was one of the nicest hotels that we have stayed in our travels in Vietnam! It was recommended by Phong Nha Farmstay outside of Dong Hoi. We were greeted by such friendly, helpful, and English speaking staff when we arrived. The rooms are very new, modern, very clean, wonderful showers, and even big fluffy towels! I was shocked when they told us the price. We came in December so it is a little off season, but we had great weather. Maybe it was a little cheaper because it was off season, but for $15 I was still shocked and that included a nice breakfast each morning. The staff was really helpful! I am so happy we found this little gem just in time for Christmas! It is also in a great location :)

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ashley B
Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

Well priced hotel situated in a good area. Are room was very modern clean and well fitted. We spent a lot of time there due to the weather.

The staff were friendly and polite and always happy to help. I slept well both nights we were there and didn't hear any noise from the backpacker hostel unlike previous reviews. Must of had a well placed room.

I would defently return to the dmz if ever I am back in town. Well done dmz you done good!!!

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank jshrub
dmzhotelmanager, Manager at DMZ Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2012

Dear Mr. Shrubb,

Thank you very much for your comment, we try to work hard to give you and all guets coming here the best care, your comment will encourage us alots in improving our services, unfortunatelly the weather was not good enough for us to drive to Hoi An as plan, but anyway it was getting much better the day after.

Best wish and hope to see you again at DMZ hotel

Reviewed November 1, 2012

i had been stay at 2 nights this hotel on last sept , i was so happy at the dmz bar because i can get some discount there . However the staff at hotel also very friendly and helpful . I would like to stay here again if i have chance come to Hue in the future

Room Tip: booking in advance and special request
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends