“AMAZING!”

Hue Riders
Ranked #7 of 146 Tours in Hue
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Go with Hue Riders and you will see, taste, smell and experience the REAL Vietnam. Get off the beaten track and away from the crowds, escape from the big cities and explore the Vietnam that package holiday tourists don't get to see. Visit the best places in Central Vietnam, on a private tour with your own personal expert local guide. Choose one of our itineraries or contact us and we can put together a tour to suit your interests, budget and schedule. All tours depart daily and can operate in reverse.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Leeds, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“AMAZING!”
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

I am 48 and my husband is 55. It is the first time we have done anything like this but it won't be the last! It was excellent. They advertise as a motorbike tour, and you pay for a driver to take you from one city to another. Don't expect or assume you are getting a guided tour of Vietnam. Why a person would write a poor review about not getting a guide who knows everything when they do not offer or advertise this service. Some people just like to moan.
This was an amazing experience you can smell the salt from the sea, the perfume from the trees, the aroma of cooking as you drive through the villages. So much better than being stuck in a car. I had the owner drive me and he was a very considerate driver. He froze slowly over bumps in the road, helped me on and off the bike etc. There are a lot of companies that offer this service but Hue riders have been going for 7 years. They use motorbikes that have back rests, they strap your luggage on the back. We saw other companies that used clapped out scooters. Not a very comfortable ride. Would definitely recommend. It was a truly memorable experience. Thanks Hue and Row.

Lund, Sweden
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Driver, definitely not guide”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

In spite of all the positive reviews, my experience with Hue Riders was not so great, making it an average one-day ride from Hue to Hoi An. After exchanging emails with Mr Hieu and asking specifically for a driver that is also guide, as I needed mo einformation on what I was about to see, the driver I was sent was Mr Ly, who spoke basic English and only took me to the sites, told me "this is..., I wait for you here". Whenever I asked for additional information, he did not tell me anything or he just gave me two words I could not understand anyway, but nothing on the site whatsoever. What is more, I was surprised that from the very beginning he was reluctant to adapt the route (although other reviewers said that they've done it) to my wishes and to the weather (a misty day, with episodes of light drizzle), preferring to take me to the usual stops, showing me the beach, the lagoon and all, which were far from inviting for photos on such a day. I also told him right at the beginning of the trip that I wanted to take the lunch in some local place along the way, not a touristic one. Well, there is no such place apparently, as he did not stop for lunch anywhere. I just stopped for a coconut at the French Bunkers, where a lady came and toldm e that my driver wants to go (!!!), so I'd better speed it up. I understand the weather was not a joy, but still, the route in itself stays scenic and beautiful, it is far more enjoyeable than on a bus and, above all, I was paying for it. After seeing Marble Mountains, where I took my time, I had the impression Mr Ly just wanted to call it a day. He took me quickly to Hoi An without even bothering with my questions on what I'd just seen and, the thing I disliked the most, he stopped me in front of a tailor shop and tried to persuade me to have something made right away, when that was the least of my concerns. He kept insisting and I had to refuse him three times and tell him bluntly that I wanted to go to my hotel, until he finally understood. I felt like some stupid tourist that got ripped off. For 48 USD and after such reviews, I expected much more. Way more. Too bad, as the route is wonderful. I recommend it, but just make sure you negociate really well the terms of the trip. I do appreciate that Mr Hieu apologised after I let him now about my disappointment.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank PatriciaIacob
Lara, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great enthusiastic guides”
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

I travelled Vietnam with four other girls and Hue Riders was an excellent addition to our exploration of Vietnam. The authenticity of travelling by motorbike, along with the hospitality and enthusiasm of our individual guides made our ride through the hills of Hue very memorable and worthwhile. The food at each of the stops was some of the best of our entire trip. Dam, Ro and their colleagues were so hospitable and generous that we missed them after our trip finished! Highly recommend for a true insight into Vietnamese village life.

Visited December 2013
Chicago
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great cheap, back roads experience ”
Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

The only downside is it is not a guided tour so do your own research ;) On the plus side, you bike through places no tour bus can reach, sometimes being the only tourist in the area.
The ride is a lot of fun, the drivers are happy to take your photos, and are very friendly.

Hoi An, Vietnam
“The best way to travel ”
Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

Excellent experience. Good, safe riders. Great customer service. Beautiful scenery enjoyed close up. A must for every first time Vietnam trip.