“Excellent trip but new site and contact info”
Review of Hue Riders

Hue Riders
Ranked #4 of 149 Tours in Hue
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Go with Hue Riders and you will see, taste, smell and experience the REAL Vietnam. Get off the beaten track and away from the crowds, escape from the big cities and explore the Vietnam that package holiday tourists don't get to see. Visit the best places in Central Vietnam, on a private tour with your own personal expert local guide. Choose one of our itineraries or contact us and we can put together a tour to suit your interests, budget and schedule. All tours depart daily and can operate in reverse.
Useful Information: Stroller parking, Activities for older children, Stairs / elevator, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed May 15, 2013

My friend and I took a 1 day Hue to Hoi An trip with Hieu and Tam last year...everything we wanted and WAY more. Hai Van pass was unforgettable.

I knew that he offered longer trips to Hoi An through other parts of the country so when I came back this year I tried to contact him through the website (as I had done the year before) but no response. Another try. Nothing. And another. Nothing.

So when I got into Hue I rummaged through my notebook and luckily I still had his number from the year before. I called to meet him and asked him what was up with the lack of response??? He told me that Sarah, the chick from oz that had been managing his bookings had run back to Australia with the passwords and had fallen completely out of contact. He said she doesn't respond to online bookings nor his emails anymore.

So he's recently paid for a new site (huerider.org) where you can find tour info and contact him. He says he's putting up a TripAdvisor account soon. Just wanted to spread the word and help him out as he's an awesome guide, runs an epic tour experience and I hate to see him get screwed over like that.

Oh, but side note - the 2 day Hue to Hoi An trip was spectacular as well.

5  Thank Miguel M
There are newer reviews for Hue Riders

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Tam and Dung took us from Hue to Hoi An in one day, stopping at lots of cool spots including a local fishing village, the Elephant Springs for a nice swim, China Beach and the Marble mountain. They happily waited and took care of our stuff while we took as long as we wanted at each stop! They were really friendly and trustworthy, we felt safe with them the whole time. such a good way to see the countryside, much more fun than bus or train! They picked us up from the hotel and dropped us off at the next one, no problem. They also took us to get some choice local specialty food. the trip took around 7 hours with all the stops. Was sad to say good bye, would highly recommend them :)

1  Thank mrose91
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Not having been to Vietnam before, let alone experience any adventures, we took a friends advice and booked a day trip from Hue to Hoi An via the Hoi Van Pass with Hue Riders. Mr Dung and colleague picked us up at our hotel and were very meticulous in waterproofing us and our luggage prior to our ride.
This was unfortunately the only day in the two weeks we had in Vietnam that it rained. Despite the wet weather, we were very comfortable and dry, and given an informative tour into areas we wouldn't have seen or experienced if we had ofpiloted our own motorcycles.
We had lunch in an authentic out of the way diner in Danang and a visit to a tailors in Hoi An before ending the journey at our hotel.
Suufice to say that we are planning to re-visit Vietnam in the near future to re-do the ride over the pass in finer weather (and to see other places we missed out on).
Hue Riders don't badger and pester like some of the other companies.
In a word - excellent!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We absolutely loved every minute of the tour! Mr Dung and his fantastic friend were so friendly, easy going and incredibly safe to ride with. They took us to a great local restaurant with beautiful food. When there they looked after us so well from explaining the food to making sure we were eating it correctly. They were very flexible and didn't mind changing the route to suit the things we were more interested in such as little local villages etc. Do yourself a favour and do this when you're in Hue!

Reviewed March 13, 2013

My friend and I travelled with Tam and Quan around the DMZ for the day then travelled from Hue to Hoi An the next. Unbelievable. We got to see parts of Vietnam that we would never have seen. The guys were very cautious and attentive drivers. So professional and knowledgeable. You must must do this tour. This is the only way to travel in Vietnam. Amazing. Can't rave about this experience enough!! X

1  Thank jennioneill