“service with a smile”

Ranked #61 of 119 Hue B&B and Inns
hue
“service with a smile”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

we didn´t book anything in advance. room 9 dollars with ac, fridge, hot shower, tv and balcony. room is clean. staff is really friendly, we are happy that we stayed here! they have a laundry service 1 dollar a kilo as well and the location is perfect in the little alley, no noise from the street.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Families
  • Indonesian first
Aguas de Lindoia, SP
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

The receptionist is very friendly, so is the hotel manager. They are always smiling and helped me organise tours ( moto taxi who took me around the city for a good rate), bus, train to Hoi An.
The breakfast is very good. You can choose between a variety of items. I has french bread, fruit plate, orange juice and fried eggs.
Can't complain at all.

On the poor side is the cleaning standards and the mal function of the toilet.
When i arrived I found a dead ( thak God it was dead) cookroach on the floor. The toilet was overflowing ( nice, uh?) the shower could be better. The water was weak and the head piece very low.

I had a shower wearing my sleepers and slept inside my silk sleeping bag - just in case.

I paid 16 dolars for a night and thougt it was very cheap - only to find out you can get a much better place for a similar rate. :-( And it seems like I was overcharged as everyone is talking about 8/9 dollars.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Inaie
Tasmania, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2012 via mobile

As budget travellers, we were very impressed with Bao Minh. $8/night (double - $4 for a single) gets you super clean room, hot water, tv, wifi, fridge etc. Breakfast not included, but available very cheaply. As prices have gone up on Hue, this is an excellent deal. Highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Flickballoon
Bordeaux, France
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2011

We stayed here for 1 night in July and at the beginning we were we quite happy with our choice, 9 usd for a double room so a good price. The location is good as you're in walking distance from the citadel, river, restaurants....

However, as our time went on, the owner's insistence on tours became more and more grating. We didn't really want to do a moto tour as we'd done this in another place very recently but he kept on at why we should do it, very pushy. His English was pretty good, until we tried to tell him we'd seen a rat which he didn't seem to understand??

The rooms were OK. We had an A/C room but the A/C was awful, we eventually just left it on all the time even when we weren't in the room (sorry environment...) and even then the room was still pretty warm.

Our washing was later to come back than they'd said which was pretty annoying as we couldn't get dressed 'til we'd got it back. The woman who works there is very nice though, English not very good but she's friendly.

Overall it wasn't a bad experience but everything was a bit of an effort...wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank flojobordeaux
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2011

I stayed at the Bao Minh hotel with my boyfriend for two nights on our way down Vietnam. After reading the lonely planet books which advertised good places to stay in the guesthouse alley we gave it a try we looked at a few other hotels in the street which offered the same room for 5-10 dollars more. The rooms are fairly clean and large
with all the amenities fridge AC private bathroom. The AC wasn't
great and the rooms could gave been cooler but it did not ruin
ourstay. The staff are friendly and helpful and we did a motorbike tour of the city which was great and the best way to see everything. Stay at the boa minh hotel if u want to be in a great central location on a budget!

• Stayed July 2011
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2011

This place is great for $8 a night,They do washing for $1 a kilo. breakfast is reasonably priced, you could find cheaper if you went to other hotels nearby. its in a great location and the staff are really helpful and warming! I really liked staying here after travelling for months its nice to have something similar to home!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Brighton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2010

This hotel is good value and has nice rooms for $7, however, they will push tours on you. I caved in and agreed to a city tour with the young guy who worked there. I agreed $8 and went on the back of a motorbike. I thought I'd get a bit of insight into the history of the city but apparently it turned out that $8 only buys you the services of the a motorbike driver and fuel! The first stop was an awkward visit to a village that makes and sells incense where you're hassled to buy stuff whilst the guide...er driver....smokes and drinks tea. The rest of the time I had to put up with him insinuating I should pay him more if I wanted to know any history and when I tested him on one or two things I did know, his knowledge was questionable anyway. When I asked him 'where next?', he'd just say, 'up to you', at which point I'd have to consult my Lonely Planet.
I would recommend staying at this hotel, but not the tours.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo