“Very smily service at a great price”
Review of Bao Minh Hotel

Bao Minh Hotel
Bao Minh Hotel
Ranked #51 of 133 Hue B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 8, 2012 via mobile

As budget travellers, we were very impressed with Bao Minh. $8/night (double - $4 for a single) gets you super clean room, hot water, tv, wifi, fridge etc. Breakfast not included, but available very cheaply. As prices have gone up on Hue, this is an excellent deal. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Flickballoon

Reviewed August 19, 2011

We stayed here for 1 night in July and at the beginning we were we quite happy with our choice, 9 usd for a double room so a good price. The location is good as you're in walking distance from the citadel, river, restaurants....

However, as our time went on, the owner's insistence on tours became more and more grating. We didn't really want to do a moto tour as we'd done this in another place very recently but he kept on at why we should do it, very pushy. His English was pretty good, until we tried to tell him we'd seen a rat which he didn't seem to understand??

The rooms were OK. We had an A/C room but the A/C was awful, we eventually just left it on all the time even when we weren't in the room (sorry environment...) and even then the room was still pretty warm.

Our washing was later to come back than they'd said which was pretty annoying as we couldn't get dressed 'til we'd got it back. The woman who works there is very nice though, English not very good but she's friendly.

Overall it wasn't a bad experience but everything was a bit of an effort...wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank flojobordeaux
Reviewed July 6, 2011

I stayed at the Bao Minh hotel with my boyfriend for two nights on our way down Vietnam. After reading the lonely planet books which advertised good places to stay in the guesthouse alley we gave it a try we looked at a few other hotels in the street which offered the same room for 5-10 dollars more. The rooms are fairly clean and large
with all the amenities fridge AC private bathroom. The AC wasn't
great and the rooms could gave been cooler but it did not ruin
ourstay. The staff are friendly and helpful and we did a motorbike tour of the city which was great and the best way to see everything. Stay at the boa minh hotel if u want to be in a great central location on a budget!

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed April 2, 2011

This place is great for $8 a night,They do washing for $1 a kilo. breakfast is reasonably priced, you could find cheaper if you went to other hotels nearby. its in a great location and the staff are really helpful and warming! I really liked staying here after travelling for months its nice to have something similar to home!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 16, 2010

This hotel is good value and has nice rooms for $7, however, they will push tours on you. I caved in and agreed to a city tour with the young guy who worked there. I agreed $8 and went on the back of a motorbike. I thought I'd get a bit of insight into the history of the city but apparently it turned out that $8 only buys you the services of the a motorbike driver and fuel! The first stop was an awkward visit to a village that makes and sells incense where you're hassled to buy stuff whilst the guide...er driver....smokes and drinks tea. The rest of the time I had to put up with him insinuating I should pay him more if I wanted to know any history and when I tested him on one or two things I did know, his knowledge was questionable anyway. When I asked him 'where next?', he'd just say, 'up to you', at which point I'd have to consult my Lonely Planet.
I would recommend staying at this hotel, but not the tours.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank OinkyPig
Reviewed December 6, 2010

Me and my girlfriend stayed here for one night in December 2010. We checked out a few places on the 'backpacker alley', with most places offering very similar quality rooms. This room however, was $1 cheaper than the other guesthouses. The room had all the basic amenities, including cable TV (ESPN, Movies etc) and a minifridge.

We spoke with Hung, the manager of the place and he gave us some ideas about sights and activities. There was never any real pressure and we ended up doing a motorbike tour with him and his brother, which was nice enough and best of all, we did it at our own pace! Their driving was safe and the price of the tour was reasonable.

Overall, a very good place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2010

I stayed one night in this hotel and would definitely stay again. I guess pretty much every hotel on the same street offers similar rooms but i doubt anyone can beat Bao Minh motorcycle tour around the town.
Accommodation is basic with nice beds and bath, wireless internet and cable TV, and only for $10 per night.
I asked to arrange a tour around Hue and my driver was very accommodating by taking me off beaten path for a 12 (!!!) hours ride. And then they helped me to arrange a car with a driver to go to Hoi An for $90 (with a stop at My Son and 5 other places) which was fantastic.
The hotel is also very conveniently located next to the restaurants and shops.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo