“Great place and the best service ever!”

Phong Lan (Wild Orchid) Guesthouse
Ranked #12 of 136 Hue B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 9, 2012

We read about that place in tripadvisor and wanted to try it. It's a very very clean hotel with lovely rooms for 10$ per room! Ask for balconies, they make your stay even better!
The best thing about this place is the faboulous service!! They all are so helpful and want you to enjoy your time in huê! They even gave us bracelets as a gift and helped us to get to the train station at 4.30 am! We would stay here again immediately!!!thanks for that great service!
-breath & smile-

• Stayed: March 2012

Reviewed March 4, 2012

This is really a nice place for a very affordable price. The staff is very friendly and helpful and not at all in a pushy way. We were only planning on staying for a few nights but decided to stay for five. The family who runs this place speak very good english and the rooms are comfy.

Too bad a search for Hue on tripadvisor doesn't bring this one up at all, I guess it's because there's no "Hue" in the name of the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 18, 2012

I would definitely reccomend this place. It is run by the most lovely family, they are all do sweet and helpful. The rooms were really nice, clean and quiet. This place was so much nicer than the place we stayed the day before where all we could hear was karaoke!
Lovely cheap place to stay and the family really make it a special place. They also helped us book a bus and were cheaper than everywhere else we asked!

Room Tip: We asked for a balcony room which was small but sweet
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 17, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights whilst in Hue and I do not have enough nice things to say about this place: the staff were ridiculously friendly and helpful, the room was cheap ($9), clean and comfortable. The owner (the mother of the family who run the hotel) even gave us a present when we left. Stay here.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 19, 2012

One of the best, if not the best stay i had in Vietnam.

Cheap - i think $7 a person with breakfast. I cant recall exactly but I remember thinking it was great value for what we got.

Great staff - ready at all times to serve our every need. I had plane tickets to book, my brother wanted some obscure breakfast, we needed washing done in a few hours, we were probably a pain to have yet the staff provided everything we asked for and, with a smile. One night I wasn't sure what i wanted for dinner, I'd mentioned earlier I liked beef and squid to the staff, later as I sat down to choose dinner one of staff pulled out list of squid and beef dishes they could cook which she had spent the last half an hour writing. FANTASTIC service.

Motorbikes available for rent

All Hue tours available including tours to Hoi An.

Great food and cheap

Big rooms with balcony and en-suite.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 13, 2012

An excellent choice to stay in Hue, near others hotels, but this one is very quiet. We stay 2 nights, but we would like other hotels looks like this one.
It is very clean and cheap (10$), and the family is very nice. I was sick during these 2 days and they really take care of me.
The breakfast is very good with home made jam and fresh baguette.
Furthermore if you order the morning, you can ask to the owner a meal for lunch before leaving by taking bus. It was so delicious!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 12, 2012

We stayed at Phon Lan for just one night but I would like to highly recommend a stay there.
The rooms are big and clean and do have AC/fridge/private bathroom and TV. We had a very nice balkony as well. Best thing about the hotel is the extremely friendly staff though! Being a bit ill I had the best treatment you could imagine - and it all came free and from the heart!
If you stay in Hue - go there and don't let others catch you from the street before you get there.
They don't like the street catching and I truly hope they will not need it after many happy traveler reports.
Just to avoid any misunderstanding. I am talking about Phon Lan Guest House. 12/66 Le Loi Street, Hue City. Less than 15 USD it was per night, per room.

Room Tip: Ask for a nice balkony room!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends