“OK hotel, OK location”

Ranked #80 of 120 Hotels in Hue
Australia
“OK hotel, OK location”
Reviewed April 25, 2009

I decided to allow a commission tout to take me to this hotel as I did not have anything planned/booked.

Turned out to be a decent location, however I had some issues with this hotel:
1) The bathroom window and door would not close and this meant I got attacked by moskitos every night.
2) Returning late at night you have to go down a dark ally, where some very dodgy hassling touts hang out.
3) I saw cockroaches in the hallway (not in the room).

The pool is nice and hotel is ok if your on a budget. $12/USD /night.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Vietnamese first
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed March 30, 2009

Great hotel smack dab in the middle of the action on the main road, just off the river. It's located on a mini street close to the DMZ bar, but far enough that it is quiet at night. Rooms have air-con and TV (but no cable). Bathrooms are clean and have hot water.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo
Queensland
Reviewed March 5, 2009

We recently stayed in this hotel on a stop over in Hue. I found the standard high and the staff very pleasant and helpful. Our room was very clean and comfortable with plenty of hot water. Did a motor bike tour of the town and even though we are in our 60's I felt quite safe and it was a great way to get around. Had some nice meals, and found the staff helpfull in booking trips and giving us suggestions of places to see.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gold1
Broadbeach, Australia
Reviewed February 27, 2009

I have stayed at this hotel twice in the last month, a total of 6 days. When a moto driver first recommended it to me I was sceptical but on arriving at the Dong Tam Impression Hotel I was pleasantly surprised.
Its location is so central to everything yet because its down a lane from the main road its so quiet at night, unlike most cheap hotels I have stayed at in Vietnam here I could actually get a great nights sleep. The rooms are large with air-con and cable t.v, and great hot showers.
The hotel has an awesome pool, its near new and super clean, I saw the staff maintaining the pool and garden daily and have never seen such a nice pool in a cheap hotel in Nam. The restaurant serves a great breakfast and i got addicted to their fruit shakes and fresh spring rolls.
The owners and their family are super friendly, they booked tours and transport for me and even stored my luggage while i went away for 8 days (on a fantastic motorbike tour of the central highlands i booked thru them).
As a single female traveller its important that i feel safe and stay in a friendly enviroment and the Dong Tam Impression hotel provided all of that.
On my last day here they even invited me to come to a cousins wedding with them, which was such a fun day and something i feel lucky to have experienced.
I would definatley recomment this hotel to anyone visiting Hue, and make sure you do a city tour with them by motorbike, its the best way to see Hue!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo
4 Thank shopunderwater
Vietnam
Reviewed February 17, 2009

we stayed here for three nights, once we got off the bus from Hoi An. Nice, big hotel, we had a balcony, there is a very clean swimming pool outside and the staff are really friendly.

Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
australia
Reviewed January 2, 2009

This hotel would be ok when the weather is hot. but it was wet and cold when we were there, and the sheets and the mattress were damp. The owner's parents were very unfriendly and the children hogged the computers to play games. It was not very welcoming. The bread was stale at breakfast.
However , the manager was excellent and very helpful and friendly.

• Liked — very cheap
  • Disliked — cold and wet
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these Hue hotels

sydney
Reviewed December 15, 2008

I've been for 8 days here and, at first, I thought to stay for 5 days. the reception was very kind in every moment, but above all, when I wanted to book a plane ticket to Hanoi, they booked for me cheaper than others travel agencies of Hue. Breakfast is really good, at least, has many things for occidental people;that's more than I can say of the rest of hotels where I've stayed in. Swimmingpool is a place that I'd recommend after a walk for Hue , although is a little warm, good for old people and children.
I'd return here sure.

• Liked — good swimming pool
  • Disliked — good free internet and wifi
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)