“Sheltering from the Storm”
Review of Indochine Palace

Indochine Palace
Ranked #10 of 125 Hotels in Hue
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

What a brilliant place to take shelter from Typhoon Hiayan, brilliant friendly staff and equally good Manager who goes the extra mile to make us feel very welcome, the quirky style of the hotel rooms is a must see and enjoy, only eaten here at breakfast but OK, in fact it's more than that, won't be back this way again but I'd stop here if I was.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Dammika N, Rooms Division Manager at Indochine Palace, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2013

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for staying at the BEST WESTERN PREMIER Indochine Palace, Hue, and we very much appreciate your words of praise and would thank you for taking time to share them on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to learn that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay and appreciate your touching points regarding the services and facilities offered by our staff.

Whilst thanking you for your patronage, we look forward to seeing you again to indulge you with more of our BEST WESTERN PREMIER Indochine Palace hospitality, when you visit us again in the near future.

Rooms Division Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,445)

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Staff were very polite and friendly and helpful. Stayed for 5 nights due to work, and the breakfast was more geared towards the local taste, but the food was fresh. The Hue-styled pancake made by the hotel restaurant is one of the best I've tasted!

The swimming pool is great, as it is long and big. Great for lap swimming. Gym was a bit small.

The room I got was big and spacious, and the basin was outside, making it possible for 2 people who are sharing the room to wash up at the same time (ie. one in bathroom, the other using basin)

Overall, a great value hotel. I would definitely stay here again if I were to go back to Hue!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Dammika N, Rooms Division Manager at Indochine Palace, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2013

Reviewed November 6, 2013

I stayed 3 nights in Indochine Palace for a business trip to Hue. The hotel facilities were up to 5- stars standard. The staff were very friendly, kind and helpful. I was most impressed by the service of the reception and concierge. I stayed in 5 different 5-stars hotels in this trip (Hanoi, Hue, Ho Chi Minh City, Danang). The staff made this hotel outstanding!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Dammika N, Rooms Division Manager at Indochine Palace, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Dear Sir/Madam

We are delighted to learn that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay and appreciate your touching points of services offered by our staff. This is definitely encouraging and motivating factor for our staff.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

It was a dreary day when we arrived at the Indochine Palace. The room was small, but, was very clean on arrival. The room had two king singles. The view from our small balcony was a model village 'tiny town". The bathroom was an odd set-up. In the shower area there was a shower over the bath and then another shower next to the bath. The shower door was also the toilet door, therefore one or the other got left open? Felt like the hand-basin (although it was very nice) got left out, as it was almost the centre of attraction as you walked into the room. Went for a stroll outside, there didn't appear to be many shops around to buy goods. Staff were warm and friendly.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dammika N, Rooms Division Manager at Indochine Palace, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for staying at the BEST WESTERN PREMIER Indochine Palace, Hue, and would thank you for taking time to review them on TripAdvisor.

Regret to note that this architectural designed room was not up to your expectations and our deluxe rooms are 34 sqm in size, which is an average hotel room size. We also note that you have missed the adjoining shopping mall and the other shops that is 10-15 stroll away.

However we are delighted to note that you value the services offered by our staff.

Whilst thanking you for your patronage, we look forward to seeing you again to indulge you with more of our BEST WESTERN PREMIER Indochine Palace hospitality and offer you a suitable accommodation, when you visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Beautiful Hotel, very comfortable rooms spa etc. excellent, staff lovely wish I could have spent more time there. Recommend it. Central location, breakfast buffet spoiled for choice. Cocktails were excellent although they did run out of tonic one night!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Sir/Madam

We are delighted to learn that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay and appreciate your touching points of our services and facilities. However please accept our sincerely apologise for not having your requested drinks at the bar.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

I stayed in the Best Western Premier in Hue Vietnam. During my stayed there for 6 nights I enjoyed the great luxuries of the hotel. This Hotel is a place where anyone would definitely love to spend some time off and just relax. The hotel is a beautiful and very clean hotel; the bedroom decoration was beautiful and very clean and organized. The staff is a top quality everyone was very pleasant and responsive to the needs. They are very polite and helpful; you can ask anybody any question and they will ready to answer you with a special detail and a huge smile on their faces. The Concierge area of the hotel was appreciative and very friendly. She actually meet me at the airport with a friendly smile gave a tour about the hotel and explained some very interesting facts; she did not miss a thing showing me the hotel and its beauty around it with very good English. Thank you very much and I sorry I did not get her name. Due to my various travels it is very hard to remember a name that is why the only thing I regret is that unfortunately I don't remember all names of the staff especially the hotel driver and restaurant staff. They were so kindly and very helpful during my stay. I appreciate every time I saw them during my visit. I can honestly say every time I tried to open the door someone was around to open the door and greet me with a smile and a friendly how are you. I look forward to my return visit and I would like to thank everyone at the hotel for making my stay a memorable stay. I would like to say to the Asst. Rooms Division Manager Mr. Navaratna congratulations you have the best employees working for your hotel. This hotel is definitely a Five Star Hotel.

Room Tip: All of the rooms in the hotel are great choices. The hotel is in a good location and I was very plea...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Mr. Troy

We are delighted to learn that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay and appreciate your well described touching points of our services and facilities.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

awesome!! wonderful staff and unforgettable ambience!!! highly recommended for those who are in a low budget and wants to get the best experience and service... prices are reasonable and the morning buffet are worth it!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Dammika N, Rooms Division Manager at Indochine Palace, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Dear Mr. Kenneth