“Highly recommend”
Review of Indochine Palace

Indochine Palace
Ranked #9 of 123 Hotels in Hue
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I just returned from a month in Vietnam and this hotel really stood out. I spend 3 days there in Hue, and it was sooo beautiful. You couldn't wipe the smile off my face when I saw my beautiful room. The bed, bedding, shower were all really nice, and I had a little balcony with a gorgeous view. The pool was huge and I had the best massage I had in Vietnam at the spa. most importantly, I lost a watch while there. I dropped it somewhere and was sure I would never see it again. THREE WEEKS after I returned to the USA the watch turned up and they hunted me down by email and got my watch back to me. I was realy impressed that they went out of their way like that AFTER I left to find me. I don't know how they managed to remember me and locate an email, but it was a really expensive watch so I was beyond impressed that they tracked me down. I highly recommend this hotel as the rooms and facilities are beautiful and the customer service and integrity are superior

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Kristin D
Dammika N, Rooms Division Manager at Indochine Palace, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Dear Kristin

Thank you for staying at the Best Western Premier Indochine Palace, Hue, and we very much appreciate your words of praise and would thank you for taking time to share them on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to learn that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay and experienced the facilities and services offered by our staff, especially the Room & Spa. We highly appreciate and touched by your personal appreciation of the honesty of our staff by finding your lost wrist watch and returning it after three weeks.

Whilst thanking you for your patronage, we look forward to seeing you again to indulge you with more of our Best Western Premier Indochine Palace hospitality, when you visit us again in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Indochine Palace

Reviewed June 16, 2013

From the beginning the service was excellent, the rooms were immaculate and the facilities were all we coud ask for. The breakfast was predominately Asian but there was an ample variety of western food as well. The pool was very refreshing and the pool service was also good. The hotel is in a great location for walking to restaurants and the night markets.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dammika N, Rooms Division Manager at Indochine Palace, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Dear traveller255057

We are delighted to learn that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay and experienced the facilities and services offered.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

An excellent retreat from the heat of Hue, our room was fabulous and so spacious with a small balcony overlooking the town. We spent 3 nights in Hue althought 2 nights is ample to see the sights the Citadel is steeped in history and a boat trip up the perfume river to visit the temples but to return to our hotel was a bonus, the pool is a good size in which to swim and the gym is well equipped. Lovely area in which to relax. We ate in the restaurant on our first night a fabulous table overlooking the pool, the chicken noodle soup was the best in Vietnam but beware it is a meal in itself and very good prices for the quality of food. Hue was very quiet due to the airport closure for the next 4 months and it is a long treck in a car 21/2 hrs so the restaurants and what few bars we found were all very quiet. We made the journey to the hotel via the tunnel and when we left for Hoi An we took the breathtaking scenic route over the Hai van pass...the way to go. Thank you to all the staff at the Best western for a wonderful stay but especially our waitress in the restaurant Sabrina her english was excellent and she was so helpful. On customer service Kim who helped us book our car to Hoi An who was also extremely helpful and always cheerfull. I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends.

Room Tip: We were in a deluxe room on the 8th floor with view over the town...fabulous!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear J D

We are delighted to learn that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay and experienced the facilities and services offered by our staff. We appreciate you recommending some of our staffs by their names, which will help encourage them and all other staff

Reviewed June 11, 2013

We stayed at the indochine hotel for 4 nights in the month of June, from the moment we walked in to this place we knew we had made the right decision. Well air conditioned in all public areas and amazing Vietnamese art work. Checkin is on the first floor and were personally greeted by the rooms division manager, he even knew my name! Receptionist were an absolute pleasure, polite, friendly and covered all the information we needed to know about the hotel and area.
We had booked a double deluxe room but to our surprise had been upgraded to a one bedroom suite thanks to the rooms division manager.
The room was pretty amazing, excellent condition, beautiful lounge area, large desk, a bar and two balcony s. the bed was amazing the most comfortable bed I have slept in I didn't want to get of of it. Huge marble bathroom with rain shower and the largest bath ever! The air con in the room was very effective as the out side temperature was very hot.
The only let down for me was breakfast, yes it had all the choice you would expect of a hotel of this standard the problem was it was not looked after, nothing was really replenished after 9 o clock and most of the hot food in the bai Marie's was Luke warm at best. This was a little disappointing but certainly did not spoil our stay
The pool area is amazing,very comfy pool loungers and even ones the size a small double bed, sauna, steam room and jacuzzi were all included and a well equipped gym. Food round the pool area was good and very cheap.
Few minutes walk from the hotel was a Big C supermarket, great for beers, tonics, nibbles for the room
All in all a great stay and would highly recommend, lovely staff, very clean and a 10 minute walk to Hue town.
You won't be disappointed !!!!!!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear James8896

We are delighted to learn that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay and experienced the facilities and services offered by our staff. Your well explained review says it all. We regret that you had to experience unsatisfactory food service at breakfast. This particular point was very much helpful for us and we have already taken necessary steps to educate the staff.

Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Ok the good stuff first, the hotel is lovely, clean rooms, comfy beds, good breakfast buffet with good attentive staff in the restaurant and a large pool that was fully open when we were there.
Now the bad stuff, airport transfer, it firstly didn't come to where they said it would to meet us, we then had to call the hotel 3 times to get it sorted, the third time getting an English speaking local to translate for us, finally got picked up about an hour late !! No apologises just told we were in the wrong place, but not according to the email they sent. Bus ride took about 2 hours and I can honestly say it was some of the worst driving I have ever seen, I really thought the bus was going to topple on a couple of occasions due to how fast he was cornering !
We did finally arrive in Hue and our driver went straight past our hotel, I tried to mention it to him to which he just pointed forward, we arrived at a Vietnamese airline office explained how we expected to be dropped off at the hotel as the hotel had confirmed, the staff there very helpful and got the driver to take us to our hotel.
Finally arriving at the hotel and get checked in with no mention or apology for the grief we had experienced trying to get there, we felt very angry and not impressed with the lack of service from a rather expensive hotel.
In summary if you want a nice room and don't care about how you are treated then book here, if you do care about service then I'd recommend looking elsewhere.

• Stayed: May 2013
Dammika N, Rooms Division Manager at Indochine Palace, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Dear Mr & Mrs. Clawson

Thank you for staying at the Best Western Premier Indochine Palace, Hue, and we very much appreciate for taking time to share your views on TripAdvisor.

On behalf of Indochine Palace we sincerely apologise for all the inconvenience that you had to go through from Da Nang Airport until you reach the hotel and for not apologising upon your arrival at the hotel. Due to the Hue airport closure for renovations we have outsourced a shuttle bus service from and to Da Nang airport and also we offer our own limousine to the guests to choose. Even though it is an outsourced service as hotel we are still responsible for the services we offer to our guests.

We assure you that this nature of service error will not be repeated and we look forward to seeing you to indulge you with more of our Best Western Premier Indochine Palace hospitality, when you visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

I did not stay in the Indochine Palace Hotel. Instead I live in Hue and have a membership of the pool and gym. It's now very hot in Hue - 38C to 40C several days this week - and I have been trying to get there five times a week. But it's a struggle.

First the pool was closed for re-tiling just as the weather warmed up. Can't understand why this was not done in the cool season when it would have inconvenienced fewer people. It was closed for longer than the advised number of days.

Then the pool was unavailable again on 30 April-1 May as a concert stage was set up over one end of the pool to mark May Day.

On the 18 May the pool was closed again due to a wedding to be held about half an hour after I arrived.

The hotel has my email address both from my application to join the pool and from attendances at later social functions. But no warning messages were sent.

It's a common and very real Vietnamese problem - the inability to plan for such events and give people reasonable notice. Everyone is always full of apologies but there is never any learning taking place so the same problems occur over and over. Same with Vietnam Airlines which never sends texts about delays even though they have had my phone number for about six years.

I have learned to live with it but, sadly, I think that it provides one reason why the return rate of tourists to Viet Nam is extremely low. And Hue, in particular, is struggling at present with the airport closed for eight months from March to November.

It's a pity as I like Hue people and love living here. But the general level of services is not of a high standard.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Dammika N, Rooms Division Manager at Indochine Palace, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Dear Mr & Mrs. Clawson

Reviewed May 14, 2013

The large swimming pool in the middle of the hotel was a good surprise, breakfast was very good,
Roms are modern and confotable,The only thing is the price of excursions and transfert really higher than in town local agencies.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dammika N, Rooms Division Manager at Indochine Palace, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Dear Philippe G

ardm@bwp-indocinepalace.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hue
La Residence Hue Hotel & Spa
Eldora Hotel
Eldora Hotel
#13 of 123 in Hue
Vedana Lagoon Resort & Spa

Been to Indochine Palace? Share your experiences!