“Poor service and food !!”
Review of La Carambole

La Carambole
Ranked #30 of 349 Restaurants in Hue
Cuisines: European, French, Vietnamese
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Have the feeling to be ripped off here. Not good food, not friendly. I would not visit. One of the worst i had in vietnam !!

1  Thank Pascal v

Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

This restaurant should be sued and shut down ! The advertisement and ratings on on the restaurant are all lies ! I ordered a pre set menu , wine and a side item while my companion ordered 1 dish . The staff was SNOOTY and RUDE ! The food was terrible their duck l'orange tasted like canned food! My pre set menu had 7 dishes - I was able to eat only 1, service was the dumps and expect the girls to talk crap about clients in VIetnamese !!! Tried to speak to a manager there was not on staff ?? I paid for the crappiest and worst service I had in Vietnam and walked right over to WHY NOT? Bar and restaurant and enjoyed the best Meal in why at WHY NOT- you should go to why not avoid the La Crembole liars and proprietors of crap!

1  Thank Sophi-tran
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Hugely disapointed by this restaurant. We were there early evening so there were loads of staff milling around but only the girl at the front desk trying to get people in seemed at all enthusiastic. We asked about the local specialities as we were new to the city - rather lack lustre assistance was given but we ordered some starters only as we wanted a break between courses and were quickly learning that in Vietnam everything seems to come at once. After a drink we then ordered mains. No sign of the starters whatesoever, but the very averagely tasting main courses arrived within 5 mins.The noodles were really average - the prawns tasy but tiny portions of both - and we are not big eaters. We asked about the starters but they had somehow been missed by the kitchen...even though there weer probably 10 waitresses and few guests it was quite chaotic. Personally I dont see what the fuss is about with this restaurant - its pretty souless italian taverna looking inside. We had planned to visit the other branch in Hue but decided to give it a miss. We did have to go onto another restaurant to finish our sparse dinner that night!!

Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

I was in a group of 6 and really enjoyed my meal and all other meals I saw brought out looked appetitzing too. Seemed busy too so that's a good sign.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

We found the staff to be friendly and the service was very quick. Relaxed atmosphere. Location right on the street in the heart of the restaurant strip. Great to just sit there and watch the locals go about their daily business.