“Clean and Comfortable”

Ranked #40 of 122 Hotels in Hue
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Clean and Comfortable”
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

Nice sized rooms. There are balconies but they are quite small in size. Breakfast as a mix of western and Vietnamese. 30 mins from the airport. Lighting in the rooms were a bit dim and was a bit noisy. Cleaners start quite early around the rooms. Showers are quite high to get into.

Stayed October 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Providenciales
Reviewed September 29, 2013

So this is supposed to be a 4 star hotel but sadly does not achieve this. There are good and bad points:

Good;
The rooms are a good size, nicely decorated and clean.
The breakfast was a very good buffet ( although no muesli) and the restaurant is a nice and airy space.
The outdoor pool area was well kept and looked like a nice relaxing place
The two men and one of the women on reception were lovely, smiley and very helpful, as was the doorman.

The bad;

Room service - not only is it expensive (just over $25 for 2 burger and fries) the food was very poor - we got 8 fries ( yes I counted them) and the beef pattie was of a very low quality and did not taste particularly good - we expected it to be expensive but thought that the standard of the food would be far far better.
The shower pressure is very poor.
The Wifi is terrible - it comes and goes and some of the time it just would not connect - even when connected it would 'drop" - this is unacceptable for a 4 star hotel.
We were woken up by the telephone the first morning at 7am - there was no-one there.Also we were awoken 2 other mornings by the doorbell being rung at 7am but again no-one was there - we thought it was housekeeping but overheard a couple of other people at breakfast complaining about the same thing - is this a programming glitch??
The location in relation to the restaurants seems poor - however we found a local noodle shop called Saigon ( out the hotel and cross the road, first left and about 100m on the left) For 2 bowls of delicious noodles and 2 big beers - $6. Their fried pork buns are so good we could not stop eating them and took a bunch with us for the train journey.
One of the receptionists really lets the hotel down - not only does she not smile or greet you warmly she is quite terse bordering on being rude. At checkout she seemed to indicate we had taken the bathrobes.Also we asked if we could stay in the room a little past 12 - the hotel was not full and having traveled to many hotels around the world this is the first time we have not been allowed an extra 30mins/an hour - we just got told if you stay past 12 we will charge you - this was despite the fact the hotel was not busy and she knew that our cab from the hotel was not until 3.45pm and we were just going to sit in reception... she really is a poor ambassador for the hotel.

If you want to see the city highlights or the DMZ etc by motorbike use Hue Kangaroo tours - they are great .....

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I was in hotel last week on my business trip.I was surprised by so seriously, amazing hospitality, spacious rooms and a convenient location. What a pleasure! The staff is excellent, always worried, very attentive. The rooms are clean, big and well appointed, the beds are very comfortable and extremely soft with an excellent price quality ratio.Tinh Quan vegetarian restaurant which is attached on the left of hotel is a perfect choice for vegans as well..During my stay, I tried vegetarian buffet which was good and fit my taste, awesome. I highly recommend this hotel. It's a really great choice for visit to Hue city.

Room Tip: the higher rooms, the more beautiful city's view, esp Deluxe and junior suite
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank linda l
Reviewed September 10, 2013

My name is Patrecia staying in room 503 in August 31, 2013. The hotel was besutiful the service was excellent. I was very impressed with the manager services. I enjoy most was the spa time. She was very excellent. And I also want to apologize to the spa employee at the time. I would definitely recommend it to my families and friends . Thank you

• Stayed August 2013
5 Thank 63patricia
Ho Chi Minh City, null, Vietnam
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I really like the breakfast in there, especially omelette. I ate this food every morning during the time I stayed there. The room is comfortable with superior.The massage is good with skilled staff and the receptionists in front-desk extremely helpful and hospitable.I just have suggestion for the price of food and drink, if it is rather cheaper, everything would be perfect.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Anna N
Perth, Western Australia
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Location Location Location. This Hotel doesn't have location for those on holidays. the rooms are nice and spacious, clean and the staff are helpful but you have a 15 minute walk to the restaurant district The ParkView,s own restaurant is more expensive than Perth Western Australia. I would never do a booked tour again (we did Inter Asia's " Vietnam 11 day wish list tour). Contact me and I'll give you all the good places in Vietnam to go. We are in Saigon at time of writing this review and at probably the worst Hotel we have ever stayed at with 3 more nights to go

Room Tip: Quiet.... a bit out of town and don't pay for their restaurant as very expensive
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank RobertMcNab
Charlottesville, Virginia, United States
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I have come back to Park View Hotel in Hue this year because my last visit there was very pleasant. There is a marked improvement this year in terms of the WiFi Internet connection. A speed test of the connection gave a download speed of approximately 15 Mbps (quite fast compared with that of a 4-star hotel in Hangzhou, China where I stayed during a recent visit). Another very nice improvement is the existence of an excellent vegetarian restaurant, Tinh Quan, which is attached to the Hotel itself. The food was delicious and cheap.

The service is as excellent as with my last visit. The room is big and comfortable.

Hue itself has a lot to offer in terms of places to visit and is a perfect stop during a trip from South to North or vice versa.

Room Tip: Choose rooms on the 7th or 8th floor. Nice view.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business