“Forced to pay típs!” 2 of 5 bubbles

Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Forced to pay típs!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2009

We went for the warm stone massage, it wasn't fantastic. The masseur was constantly disappearing and at the end of the session, we are asked to pay 100,000vnd each as tips!

2 Thank kk_lim

London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“No Frills massage”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2009

The location has moved from the Riverside hotel to 93 Nguyen Binh Khien, District 1. I've been to various spas around the world and if you're looking to be pampered this isn't your type of place. But if you're looking for a cheap, good quality massage this is exactly for you. There are so many places around Dong Khoi that passes our leaflets on cheap massages but unsure about the quality since you can't find too many reviews on-line. A 1 hr massage is 150,000 VND which is a bargain. You can use the steam room and sauna before the massage. I decided to do the 90 min massage for 210,000 VND and it was a mix of shiatu, thai, hot stone and deep tissue massage. It certainly feels more like place where the locals go to rather than a spa that's catering to westerners.

2 Thank ckim32
Perth
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“Great value for money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2008

I too enjoyed the Ngoc Anh massage. We stayed at the Riverside (not the Renaissance!) and there is a back entrance from the hotel directly into the spa. It was very clean and efficient and the massage was similar to the previous description. Overall great value for money.

3 Thank Notcomingback
Quezon City, Philippines
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 84 helpful votes
“Great Massage and Cheap too!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2008

We were strolling along Dong Khoi and turned to its adjacent st. ,Ton duc thang , there we saw a signage of spa. It's located beside riverside hotel. We were lead by a man to the second floor level of the building.
Upon entering, we were greeted by the friendly receptionist and we ask for their price list. The body massage is just 120, 000 dong for 1 hour. It is a combination of hong kong, thailand and japanese massage. I was ushered to the ladies locker room and my hubby to the men's locker room.
The attendant asked if I wanted to have the massage right away. I requested to take a shower first. She handed me robe, towel and a disposable underwear. After the shower, I didn't go to the jacuzzi, steam or sauna although they have it available for you to use.
I went straight to the massage area. A common room greeted me with curtains to separate you from the next person in the massage bed. The downside of this is that when may locals flocked the place the room get a bit noisy from their non stop talking. My hubby has the same experience with the men's common room. His room was filed with men talking on their cellphones.
To get on with the massage, the masseuse assigned to me was very good. I felt very relax amongst the noise surrounding me. I almost fell asleep I guess. She did shiatsu massage first then the hot stone were rub against my back. After that, hot towel was use to wipe my back. The placed a warm blanket and proceeded to massage my head. SHe gave me a few minutes to relax on my own. Ad came back awhile later, to do some serious stretching.
Overall, the experience was great! i would love to come back for more!

23 Thank cookie-sweetie