“NICE PLACE TO STAY”
Review of Vina Terrace Hotel

Vina Terrace Hotel
Ranked #501 of 1,000 Ho Chi Minh City B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 15, 2011

Satyed in this hotel and asked for adjoining rooms as we are travelling with two teenage children. The rooms were very comfortable although starting to look a little dated (eg some wallpaper peeling off the wall). This, of course did not affect our stay! The beds were a little hard (as were most beds in Vietnam!) though still very comfortable. The bed WAS HUGE - similar to 2 queen sized beds together. Breakfast was nice on a terrace though a little light on selecton. Despite this, the selection was definitely adequate for us all with an egg station, juices, cheeses, some local fried food etc.
Will definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank DadMumandTwoKids

Reviewed May 16, 2010

Good reception.Thanh help us more but my room is very hot , please change new air condition.

Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank ThapaneeP
LieuNguyen, Quản lý bộ phận lễ tân at Vina Terrace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2016

Dear sir/madam,
Thanks so much for your our hotel. We are very happy when you feel satisfied. Your sharing is good advice for another traveller.

Reviewed March 8, 2010

Stay at the hotel from 24th - 27th Feb 2010. Was upgraded to a deluxe room. Location fantastic, near the market as well as New World Hotel where you can go to the jackpot machine if you have nothing to do in the evening.

Room in good condition, one of the receptionist can speak a bit of english.

Enjoyed my stay at the hotel

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 12, 2009

I will admit first of all that I did not pay for my room. My friend knows the owners and he hooked me up with a room for one night. That may or may not affect my judgement but just wanted everyone to know. I'm also Vietnamese American so I speak Vietnamese fluently as well.

Overall first impressions were good, the lobby looked clean and the decor was very well done. I read before that there was a strong carpet smell when you go to your room. I did notice a slight odor at first then when you walk into your room, there is no odor. When you're used to the lack of smell and you walk into the hallway, the odor is overwhelming. It seems as if they renovated the rooms immaculately but forgot to change the outside carpet. I can see why others complained.

The rooms are very nice and it comes with an LCD. However, there was no hot water and they could not fix it. I was like, "OMG I need hot water." I asked in a very polite manner in Vietnamese and one of the cleaning staff still gave me attitude. I was like "wow" and wondered how they would treat foreign tourists. Their english is.. broken. The actual rooms are very very nice and could easily be worth the budget. The service is quite frankly not up to par just like every other place in Vietnam which are the rule not the exception. Other than that, I would still give the place 2 stars even though I got a room for free. haha. They say Americans have too high standards and I guess they are right.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
Mifuki, General Manager at Vina Terrace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2010

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your comments!

I just took over the operation of Mifuki Hotel as General Manager so the comments on TripAdvisor are really valuable contributions!

My priority work when taking over the operation of hotel is to restructure and upgrade hotel services by recruiting well English speaking staffs, changing air conditioner in rooms, deep cleaning hotel, implementing international standard for room cleaning, training room-maids and serving new buffet breakfast menu with more choices

At present, we have totally removed bad smell, all rooms are ready to accommodate guests. With whole team’s efforts, our hotel starts to receive some good comments such as nice room with fresh air, helpful staff …. We’re trying to keep our hotel standard always excellent as a boutique hotel.

Thank you very much for your comments and hope we can welcome you again at our hotel!

Giang Nguyen

Reviewed June 8, 2009

This hotel is snobby to travellers who stay here. As cyclists, cycling around Asia we were not the most polished guests to turn up at their door....but that does not mean that they can treat us any differently than their other guests.

We had friends with us who were leaving for Saigon airport within a few hours of us checking in and so we wanted them to leave their luggage in our room while we had some food togther before they left. The hotel did not agree to this and were very un co-operative to this until we insisted that they be allowed to leave their bags in our room.
We check in as 3 people in a twin room. This had been made clear in the booking and we did not want or need an extra bed to cramp up the room but were willing to pay the 3rd person excess charge. The hotel left it until 11.30PM to decide that this arrangement was not to their liking and that we had to either pay an extortionate amount for an extra room or we leave! We refused to do either and they sent security to the room to throw us out. Who really insists that guests find other accommodation at 11.30pm????

We were supposed to be staying 2 nights at this hotel but instead took 2 rooms for 1 night rather than loading up the bikes and trawling the streets looking for a new room during Tet New Year (which would have been impossible)

The service from beginning to end was disgraceful. They labelled us from the outset because we arrived on bicycles...but what kind of hotel throws people out at 11.30pm

• Stayed: February 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Dear sir,

Thank you for feedback. We are so sorry for everything happen to you when staying in our hotel.
We are trying to improve the service and upgrade the facilities.
We hope you give us a chance to serve you better.

Regards,

Reviewed May 22, 2009

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for several nights. We usually stay at one of the 5 star hotels but we were on a buget this trip. We still wanted to stay in District 1 and the pictures on the hotel website looked nice. The smell in the rooms is the first thing we noticed. Not sure what it was. We almost checked out that first night but it was late so we decided to give it a try. There was also a gas tank in the room. Not sure what that was for. The room had a very moldy smell also. After leaving HCMC, we went to Bangkok. My husband came down with a severe sinus infection and had to be taken to the emergency room. I'm not positive but I think it was from the mold at the Mifuki Hotel. As for the cleanliness, I thought it was ok. The carpet was stained in several places but overall the room was ok. As another reviewer stated, the walls are paper thin. I would definately NOT stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank journeyedgrl

Dear sir,

We are trying to improve the service and upgrade the facilities.
We hope you give us a chance to serve you better.

Regards,

Reviewed December 17, 2008

/ Hi Quan,
Thank you so much for your support with nice rooms in Oct 2008. We had a wonderfull stay in HCMC !
All staffs here are very friendly, professional. We really enjoyed our stay in your hotel. We will recommend your hotel to our friends.

Thanks to all your team.

Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business